Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

[Deleted]

Old 12-01-2007, 05:08 PM
Spike

Default RE: Hunting Question

Seriously? Do we have to do this?
We can talk till we're blue in the face, and we'll never convince someone like "betsy."

She read a few posts and made a very long statement that was obviously uneducated, insulting, and intended to be inflammatory. If she was really interested in what we had to say she wouldn't have ended her post with an insult. I say we just let it go.
Old 12-01-2007, 05:50 PM
Typical Buck

I don't know why some of you guys try to rationally discuss anything with people like this. It doesn't take guts to post something on a forum like this, blast people and then run.

The only thing I can do for her is to ask that she stand beside my target deer for bow OR my gun target and put her finger on the exact spot she wants me to hit. This way, I can practice shooting at the point of her preference for a quick, humane kill. But, she should understand that things such as bow torque or trigger flinch may cause the shot to move up to 10 inches left or right.
Old 12-01-2007, 05:51 PM

your right, that post just got me heated up[:@]
Old 12-01-2007, 05:57 PM

Dear Betsy,
I am sorry that our sport does not appeal to you. We do not take part in the bashing of any activities/sports you are interested in. So, in the future, when you "come across" a website pertaining to some activity or sport that you dont like, just move on. Thanks.
Old 12-01-2007, 06:37 PM

Betsy, if that is your real name, I really wish you had better writing skills, I could not understandmuch of what your complaint was. Too many mistakes in your in grammar Betsyand I really did not see a thesis statement. Please learn to write and express your feelings in a way that can be understood. You see Betsy, not all hunters areuneducated rednecks. I happen to be an educator, not to mention a Summa Cum Laude graduate of Va State University. That means I graduated number one in my class with a 4.0 gpa, so please do not get on here and degrade us andspeak down to us with yourEnglish elitist attitude. I know this additude well, my in-laws are English, and yes, they feel the same way you do about hunting. Too bad for them and you, however,they do love me for what it is worth. Now, I have no problem with your opinion of hunting, to each his own. I don't care what they did in England about hunting, personally I think they have much greater problems with drug addiction and health care. Please clean your own house before your try to dirty ours.
Old 12-01-2007, 07:13 PM
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: Vabowman

Betsy, if that is your real name, I really wish you had better writing skills, I could not understandmuch of what your complaint was. Too many mistakes in your in grammer Betsyand I really did not see a thesis statement. Please learn to write and express your feelings in a way that can be understood. You see Betsy, not all hunters areuneducated rednecks. I happen to be an educator, not to mention a Summa Cum Laude graduate of Va State University. That means I graduated number one in my class with a 4.0 gpa, so please do not get on here and degrade us andspeak down to us with yourEnglish elitist attitude. I know this additude well, my in-laws are English, and yes, they feel same way you do about hunting. Too bad for them and you, however,they do love me for what it is worth. Now, I have no problem with your opinion of hunting, to each his own. I don't care what they did in England about hunting, personally I think they have much greater problems with drug addiction and health care. Please clean your own house before your try to dirty ours.
Bloody hell.....ya don't have to blast the limey bastards mate.
Old 12-01-2007, 07:45 PM
Giant Nontypical

it does say in the bible that god put animals here for man to eat
ORIGINAL: DeerDad61

Betsy,

I am rather new to this forum, and have actively hunted for about 8 years. I am a 46 year old male and me and my family eat every piece of whitetail meat that I harvest. I would bet that 99% of the hunters out there feel that deer are put on God's green earth for people to eat. Hunters should hunt properly, ethically and have a sense of reverence when they harvest one of God's creatures and eat it. I'm sorry if you have experienced hunters that don't see it this way. Well, going to go home and put on some steaks for my family. I had the joy to harvest 2 deer from Southwest Wisconsin earlier this season, and man are they tasty!!

Sincerely,

DeerDad61
Old 12-01-2007, 08:00 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: betsy_

I'm English actually, I don't know what Texas RoadHouse is, and I only buy free range/organic meat, I'm well aware hunting is often far more kind that the average slaughterhouse, hence why I don't buy from them. I have no problem with killing to eat, as I said before, but I have a problem when people dress up and view it as a game when they can't even shoot to kill; people should be aware of what they're actually doing before they buy a gun and set out hunting.
I know people who go shooting, and do it well and eat their game, as many here seem to, and thats great; but I also know people who can't manage to hit to kill and it's honestly disgusting, and there seemed to be a fare amount of people on this website like that as well.

It isn't killing for fun,it is hunting for fun,there is a HUGE difference.The kill is the end of the hunt but the enjoyment comes in the pursuit.It is a chessmatch that the animal wins 99% of the time.That is what the fun is.

Even the so called free range"organic" meat has to be killed and they have no chance of survival.The animals we hunt have a better chance of survival than being killed.That is the fun and the rush we feel.It is the pursuit and there is an adrenaline rush when the hunt is succesful.

Hang around here for a while,you might just start to understand it.
Old 12-01-2007, 08:06 PM
Fork Horn

Dear Betsy, I've had the pleasure of taking an English man hunting here in the states and found it very interesting. He came to visit, and sounded a lot like you. He went hunting with us, that was 17 years ago. He never went back to England and has hunted every year since. He and his wife never knew such a beautiful place existed and were amazed by all the wildlife they've seen here. Why? Because of the way we manage our wildlife, and the way we respect our wildlife.
From what I understand, the English have no business telling us how to manage our wild life. In England, only the filthy rich can afford to hunt what very little game you have left. The English fox hunts, talk about playing dress up, does not resemble in the least what hunting is about in the states. Just how many Englishmen, horses and dogs does it take to run down a little fox until they can't run no more? How many people does that little fox feed? yuk!
Now I can not expect you to understand what it's like to hunt. It's something you have to experience for yourself and that is not possible in your country. I doubt you even have the right to own a firearm much less have a place to hunt or enough wild game to hunt. I live in Wisconsin where we have a couple million deer. Deer car collissions kill a lot of deer and also humans. We have so many that the only alturnative to hunting is letting them starve to death. How long and painfull would that be? How humane? Farmers grow crops to feed the world, left unchecked the deer and other wildlife would certainly strip the fields bare. One farm I used to hunt had 75% crop damage caused by deer and turkeys. With out hunting and the management that we have, either the farmer would be out of buisiness or, like England, the deer would be all gone. Fortunately, we're smarter than that and when the populations get to high, hunters step up to the plate and bring the numbers down to a managible number. If the deer population gets to low, we respect the animal and protect them.
Wisconsin is one of 50 states.This past gun deer season hunters killed 70,000 + deer in Wisconsin. Lucky hunters who got more deer than they needed, donate the meat to local food pantries. This feeds thousands of hungry people. To be able to provide meat for my family and feed families I don't even know, puts joy in my heart. It's also good to know that if I should fall on hard times, I can depend on my hunting brothers to share in the harvest.
Now if I were to take you hunting here in Wisconsin, first you would have to attend hunter's safety class. You can't get a license to hunt with out it. They teach you how to handle a gun safely, teach you how to shoot, teach you the laws and regulations. 70,000 armed hunters in the woods for 9 days and we had only 3 accidents, 2 fatalities. Apparently we know what we are doing.
As for the fun in it? Families hunt together, friends hunt together, it's a celebration. The adrenalin you get when you see a deer/ take a deer is unexplainable. You have to experience it to understand. If that is 1 step away from killing humans then we have over 70,000 killers in Wisconsin and this certainly would not be a safe place to live. Wisconsin is every bit as safe of place to live as England only a lot better. That is a statement I've heard your own countryman say after living here for a few years.
I can understand your disgust with some of the so called hunters, they also disgust many of us hunters. One bad apple so to speak, but as a whole, for most hunters it's not about the killing. You'd find out that those who talk like idiots also hunt like idiots, and they couldn't get close to deer if they wanted too. They're just talk and peer pressure usually straightens them out.

Old 12-01-2007, 08:27 PM

ORIGINAL: wack

Dear Betsy, I've had the pleasure of taking an English man hunting here in the states and found it very interesting. He came to visit, and sounded a lot like you. He went hunting with us, that was 17 years ago. He never went back to England and has hunted every year since. He and his wife never knew such a beautiful place existed and were amazed by all the wildlife they've seen here. Why? Because of the way we manage our wildlife, and the way we respect our wildlife.
From what I understand, the English have no business telling us how to manage our wild life. In England, only the filthy rich can afford to hunt what very little game you have left. The English fox hunts, talk about playing dress up, does not resemble in the least what hunting is about in the states. Just how many Englishmen, horses and dogs does it take to run down a little fox until they can't run no more? How many people does that little fox feed? yuk!
Now I can not expect you to understand what it's like to hunt. It's something you have to experience for yourself and that is not possible in your country. I doubt you even have the right to own a firearm much less have a place to hunt or enough wild game to hunt. I live in Wisconsin where we have a couple million deer. Deer car collissions kill a lot of deer and also humans. We have so many that the only alturnative to hunting is letting them starve to death. How long and painfull would that be? How humane? Farmers grow crops to feed the world, left unchecked the deer and other wildlife would certainly strip the fields bare. One farm I used to hunt had 75% crop damage caused by deer and turkeys. With out hunting and the management that we have, either the farmer would be out of buisiness or, like England, the deer would be all gone. Fortunately, we're smarter than that and when the populations get to high, hunters step up to the plate and bring the numbers down to a managible number. If the deer population gets to low, we respect the animal and protect them.
Wisconsin is one of 50 states.This past gun deer season hunters killed 70,000 + deer in Wisconsin. Lucky hunters who got more deer than they needed, donate the meat to local food pantries. This feeds thousands of hungry people. To be able to provide meat for my family and feed families I don't even know, puts joy in my heart. It's also good to know that if I should fall on hard times, I can depend on my hunting brothers to share in the harvest.
Now if I were to take you hunting here in Wisconsin, first you would have to attend hunter's safety class. You can't get a license to hunt with out it. They teach you how to handle a gun safely, teach you how to shoot, teach you the laws and regulations. 70,000 armed hunters in the woods for 9 days and we had only 3 accidents, 2 fatalities. Apparently we know what we are doing.
As for the fun in it? Families hunt together, friends hunt together, it's a celebration. The adrenalin you get when you see a deer/ take a deer is unexplainable. You have to experience it to understand. If that is 1 step away from killing humans then we have over 70,000 killers in Wisconsin and this certainly would not be a safe place to live. Wisconsin is every bit as safe of place to live as England only a lot better. That is a statement I've heard your own countryman say after living here for a few years.
I can understand your disgust with some of the so called hunters, they also disgust many of us hunters. One bad apple so to speak, but as a whole, for most hunters it's not about the killing. You'd find out that those who talk like idiots also hunt like idiots, and they couldn't get close to deer if they wanted too. They're just talk and peer pressure usually straightens them out.

very well put wack

Quick Reply: [Deleted]

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.