Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

[Deleted]

Old 12-01-2007, 02:55 PM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 12-01-2007, 03:01 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Hunting Question

"......and I only buy free range/organic meat"
Sounds like a deer to me
Old 12-01-2007, 03:04 PM
Typical Buck

Do not judge the whole by the acts of the few! I take pride in my ability to bring downmy quarry with 1 shot, but that is not always the case. When and if the circumstances of a bad hit come my way, you can rest assured that I spend hours tracking until all hope is gone. This is the reality of this passion. Just like the native people of gone-by eras, all hits are not lethal. The responsible hunter will spend hours practicing to make sure that the taking of any game species is done in the quickest and cleanest manner with any suffering kept to a minumum.
Old 12-01-2007, 03:12 PM
Boone & Crockett

betsy, like in all aspects of life there are good people and there are bad people. There are animal rightist who would rather kill humans that kill animals, that's sad and sadistic. Animal rightist bomb buildings in support of their agenda with no regards to human life.

Your murders of this world rarely are hunters. Hunters hold life in higher regards than most. It's been documented fact that without the conservation of certain animals the ecosystem would be changed forever to the detriment of animals and humans alike.

Animals and humans share the planet but it must be done in harmony. It's the circle of life. Animals kill animals and some, do it for fun. Do we hold these animals respondsible for that? Our pets that we hold dear will kill other animals out of instinct and even for the sake of the kill, is that any different?

I tend to agree with you that killing strictly for entertainment can be considered wrong, but rarely is the meat ever wasted. If the shooter him or herself doesn't utilize the meat, there are programs set forth by hunters to share in the Lords bounty.

In many passages of the bible God commands those to hunt, to kill and to give glory to God for God's creations.

I hunt, I do enjoy the hunt and I even have a sense of remorse when I down an animal. There is a range of emotions you will never understand having someone else doing your killing. I know it's necessary and I thoroughly enjoy the venison. There is nothing more special than sharing your harvest with family and loved ones knowing that the animal you are enjoying was taken by you in God's freerange enviroments.

While I applaud your concerns I must warn you NOT to lump everyone in the same gene pool. Like I said at the begining of this post, there are good and bad people in every aspect of life, from Churches, Governments, Hunting and even your circle of friends. We are all individuals and I'd wager 90% of hunters are in the good percentage.
Old 12-01-2007, 03:14 PM
Boone & Crockett

Well I see she's logged off, I wonder if she'll ever return or is it a hit and run post?
Old 12-01-2007, 03:16 PM
Spike

Thanks Betsy I will make sure that I improve my shooting skills to meet with your approval.
Old 12-01-2007, 03:41 PM
Giant Nontypical

Hunting is a God given right

Genesis 1:26 (Whole Chapter)
And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth.

dd
Old 12-01-2007, 03:42 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: betsy_

I'm English actually, I don't know what Texas RoadHouse is, and I only buy free range/organic meat, I'm well aware hunting is often far more kind that the average slaughterhouse, hence why I don't buy from them. I have no problem with killing to eat, as I said before, but I have a problem when people dress up and view it as a game when they can't even shoot to kill; people should be aware of what they're actually doing before they buy a gun and set out hunting.
I know people who go shooting, and do it well and eat their game, as many here seem to, and thats great; but I also know people who can't manage to hit to kill and it's honestly disgusting, and there seemed to be a fare amount of people on this website like that as well.

Too bad you didn't keep your happy rear end in England then. If you want to come to the United States fine....but, don't rag about our heritage and our sport of hunting. So pack up, load up, and take your arse back where you came from.
Old 12-01-2007, 03:51 PM
Boone & Crockett

There seem to be quite a few people even unable to kill the animals they set out to,
Quit talking about Doctor Death like that. He's trying. A little more practice and he might actually be able to hit something [8D].

However, those of you who are doing this as some kind of fun activity, I have to say there is something not quite right with you.
Tell me something I don't know.

Old 12-01-2007, 03:55 PM
Nontypical Buck

Betsy,
Unfortunately the mistakes of a few have seemed to ruined your opinion of hunters all together. I'd say 99% of the people on this site become, as I do, sick in the stomach to think of a wounded deer. In my opinion, if you're not 110% confident in your ability to make the shot, and if you have not practiced in order to achieve this confidence, then you have no business in the woods with a loaded firearm. And, I'm confident that most people agree with me on that.

As far as lashing out and making statements such as "if you're going to be so childish" and all that...you seem to have no problem giving the hunting community your opinion, but you seem awfully worried of the responses you may get ( ex. "before you get all angry"), so who really is being the childish one here?

Quick Reply: [Deleted]

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.