Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
 Two weeks before gun season and my son is messing up in school!! >

Two weeks before gun season and my son is messing up in school!!

Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Two weeks before gun season and my son is messing up in school!!

Old 11-06-2007, 03:42 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Two weeks before gun season and my son is messing up in school!!

This 18 year old has a whole lot more insight into life than more than a few of you do.
So Many people don't know what they have until its gone. And childhood is not forever nor is it guaranteed.

When you leave your kid home atjust what message are you really sending to him?

I really do hope some of you see the light from this thread because if not you may never know what you have so selfishly denied yourselves of.

Thanks Andy.
Old 11-06-2007, 04:36 PM
Nontypical Buck

i wasnt trying to say i know more than any of you guys! just saying what has happened in my life! im not saying that i still dont take things for granet! itis kinda hard to not do!Buteven the little things you take for granet, yourealize how much they ment to you once they are gone! in my opinion this isnt little! and dont wait till you loose it! or he looses it! you can never predict the future! what you do is your descion and you need to make with your wife! we(especially I) cant tell you what is the right or wrong thing to do! i wish you the best of luck on your kid and season!

bawanajim, no need to thank me.while you thank me now im sure some guys will rip into me cause im 18 and posting"advise"on this kind of topic!so go ahead guysripinto me i know its coming! but what i felt i needed to say has been said!
Old 11-06-2007, 04:55 PM
Super Moderator

Well he is a great kid and he gets very good grades. He is in 3rd grade and his teacher has a card system for those who need to change their behavior. Here lately he has been changing a card, only one, daily. My wife wants to use hunting as a tool to get him to not change a card. She wants a card turned a day off hunting. I think that he needs time to change the behavior and that is a bit harsh. Has anyone else had a good kid that just talked a little too much. He is shooting every Fri. night at the gun club with .22 and is now a NRA Bar 3 sharpshooter. He is looking forward to deer season and so am I.

There is always the wood shed ( A good Spanking will do wonders )
I would say take away something else.
Like his computer or tv.
His ATV or something else that he likes.
When you and him get older you will have missed some of the,
Greatest Father Son times in both of your lives.
Espeasly if he likes to hunt with you.

I have two boys a 13 yr old and a 15 yr old.

If my boys are doing bad at school.
I told my wife you can take away any thing you want to,
EXCEPT time with me, what ever it is.
Time with their Father can NEVER be replaced.

I know my Father died and we didn't get to spend much time together.

JMHO
Old 11-06-2007, 07:01 PM

let the poor kid hunt. my dad wouldnt let me goa couple years ago because of some things and i didnt know if i was goin to make it with out hunting. it was one of the worst things ive ever had to go through.

[/align]
Old 11-06-2007, 07:06 PM
Fork Horn

TAKE YOUR SON WITH YOU HUNTING!! I know when I was probly in 3 or 4th gread in school i got a report that I had a D in one of my classes. my dad told me how mad he was and had a long talk to me on the way up north to go hunting. I still think of this every year it was one of the wireds fellings but I was happy and said. But it was a great hunt so take your some nothing bad will happend only good.
Old 11-06-2007, 07:24 PM
Nontypical Buck

I did not mean to get people so upset, he has been turning his card for talking when he is done with his work. He is getting all "A" and one "B" in math. `We talked to the teacher about the situation and he is going to move his seat and get away from the friend that he was talking with. I did get some good ideas and I am greatful for that, good luck to all and I hope to have some stories to talk about in a few weeks.
Old 11-06-2007, 07:51 PM
Spike

As a kid, I know how this is.

Deer hunting only happens 1 time a year. Your son's situation doesn't sound that bad at all to me anyway.

I say let him go! You may regret not having him there and then you have to wait a whole year for him to get another chance at a deer!