Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
 Are you looking for a place to hunt? >

Are you looking for a place to hunt?

Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Old 11-06-2007, 08:06 PM

Default Are you looking for a place to hunt?

I hunt a 6 acre parcel that is surrounded by several hundreds of acres of farm land (Private Land). I shot a buck with my bow the other night and had to track it across my neighbor’s property. My neighbors saw my flash light and came out to make sure I was O.K. and then proceeded to help me track my deer.

In the small talk while looking for the blood trail, they told me that they (about 200 acres) and another neighbor (about 350 acres) were so concerned about the deer population that they were requiring people to take a doe before they could take a buck. These are not people who are going to tell you NO if you ask to hunt their deer plagued corn fields.

With that: I’m not telling this entire board my hunting area, because I don’t want to see you all surrounding my little patch of solitude. But if you are looking for great private hunting land, look for areas of high deer concentration, and find the people who farm large areas of it. They are desperate to get the deer off of there crop.

Follow basic rules of sportsmanship:
Leave the property the same or better than you found it.
Be polite.
Offer the property owner venison if you take a deer.
any others I should have listed???
Old 11-06-2007, 08:29 PM

Default RE: Are you looking for a place to hunt?

Only other thing i could think of besides the ones you listed is asked and see if they care if you use a fire arm or if they prefer you use a bow. Especially if they have livestock such as cows.