Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Last Weeks "Dream Season" >

Last Weeks "Dream Season"

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Last Weeks "Dream Season"

Old 08-01-2005, 08:44 AM

Default Last Weeks "Dream Season"

Did anyone see....
I was watching last weeks Dream Season when I witnessed one of the competitors pull the trigger on a deer that was quartering towards him severly. I was pretty amazed when I saw the arrow fly. His only chance to shoot the deer was to penetrate through the shoulder.After the commercial break I found out I wasn't the only who thought the shot was completely off the wall because Drury basically ripped him a new one in front of all of the other competitors. The guy that took the shot then commented that "You know, where I'm from a 130" classbuck is a big buck...". This comment even made me more angry. It shouldn't matter if the deer is a 160 class buck or a two year old doe...it's still a deer and the shot was horrible.
If you saw the show...What did you guys think?
Old 08-01-2005, 09:03 AM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Last Weeks "Dream Season"

Didn't see the show, but I have a book from Chuck Adams that shows where to hit a deer severly quartering towards you. It's a low percentage shot that requires a minimal distance to comfortably take, but it's lethal nonetheless. How far away was this deer the guy shot at?
Old 08-01-2005, 09:16 AM

It was a horrible shot angle. My mouth dropped open when I saw it. The biggest problem was he didn't even wait for the deer to turn. It was just walking toward him and he let him have it.

I have a feeling it was the shot that took them out of the competition.
Old 08-01-2005, 09:20 AM
Giant Nontypical

I didn't see it but at least they were ripping him to show the younger and less experienced hunters not to try a shot like this! Hopefully some will use this as a learning tool! JMO!
Old 08-01-2005, 09:20 AM
Nontypical Buck

I was thinking the same thing... ANd when try grouched at him i thought it was pretty funny. But it is a shot angle a low one at that but he did find the deer.
Old 08-01-2005, 10:21 AM
Fork Horn

Yeah I saw it. I thought it was hilarious how Terry completely jumped him right in front of everyone else. I think he could have easily grunted at the buck or at least just waited for him to turn broadside. He was very relaxed and not spooky at all prior to the shot, so he had no idea there were hunters anywhere around. I honestly thought he wasn't going to recover that deer because of the way it just kind of carelessly trotted off.
Old 08-01-2005, 10:48 AM
Giant Nontypical

Didn't see it... but there is a deer shot in PrimeTime Bucks 8 by some girl which sounds the same. I couldn't believe it when she shot him. Very Very lucky to get the deer and not a good example for any bow hunter, esp. an inexperienced one.

I just picked up the box for digital cable... I will have the Outdoor Channel starting tonight... I won't be leaving the house!

Old 08-01-2005, 11:32 AM
Nontypical Buck

i tivo'd the episode and kept rewinding the shot over and over. i couldn't belive he took the shot. I told my wife that they weren't going to find that deer and that it was a terrible shot angle. Not only was it a bad shot, it was low. There definitely didn't look like munch penetration (surprise!).

then terry comes on "that was a horrible shot angle! we don't take shots like that!" I had to also rewind it to show my wife what a smarty her husband is.

oh, anyone know why the team from year 1 got disqualified?
Old 08-01-2005, 11:50 AM
Giant Nontypical

The team from last year is just there to mix things up. They can't win anything, but the other teams supposedly don't know that yet.
Old 08-01-2005, 01:56 PM
Nontypical Buck

I thought that that was outrageous too. Did anybody see Wally Dallenbacks shot on the Red Stag? It was standing broadside and he hit it right in front of the back hip. What a goof. I realize that everybody makes bad shots but don't show it on TV, that's why youedit.