Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

First Scrapes of the Year!

Old 10-28-2007, 02:27 PM
Fork Horn

Default First Scrapes of the Year!

I was hunting saturday morning and found 2 scrapes when I was walking into the woods. After seeing no deer I looked around a little more and found 4 more. I also found one under a beach tree that was in the exact same place as last year, Do you think thie is the same buck? is this something that they will do? The buck on this scrape last year was a 2 1/2 year old 8 point, if it is the same deer he should be a shooter this year. I have got a camera over it now and will post picks next weekend.
Old 10-28-2007, 05:48 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: First Scrapes of the Year!

If the buck made it from last huntung season then he will make the same scrape there again this year.But if he didn't make it another buck will put one there , the reason i know this because when i've taken a buck from one of my beat stand the next year a different buck would put a new scrape there the next year.Oh and bye the way i live 6 miles south of you so good luck to you on this hunt if you get one make sure to take pictuers.
Old 10-28-2007, 05:49 PM
Spike

Its possible that it could be from the same deer . But they say other bucks and even does will use a scrape. good luck
Old 10-28-2007, 06:06 PM
Typical Buck

zmschillin, i forgot to say i was out hunting today and found 3- scrapes2 were small and one was huge all were under a hagging, branch i'llbe out to check them out next week to see if there still freash and might put some doe urine in them to keep the freash.
Old 10-28-2007, 07:45 PM
Boone & Crockett

Often a bunch of bucks will use/visit the same scrape. A few years ago we put a camera on a small pine that had 3 large scrapes under it and in a week had pictures of 16 different bucks.
Old 10-28-2007, 08:13 PM
Fork Horn

thanks for the imput guys, I will keep you all posted of the picks i get.