Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 A year by year diagram of a pair of breeding whitetails... >

A year by year diagram of a pair of breeding whitetails...

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

A year by year diagram of a pair of breeding whitetails...

Old 06-20-2007, 09:04 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default A year by year diagram of a pair of breeding whitetails...

Old 06-20-2007, 09:11 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: A year by year diagram of a pair of breading whitetails...

not to nock your post, but the assumptions that model ignores are pretty unrealistic.

Is it to show how you need to kill does to manage the herd????
Old 06-20-2007, 09:14 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: HuntingEd

not to nock your post, but the assumptions that model ignores are pretty unrealistic.

Agreed, the amount of inbreeding assumed is not accuate in free ranging managed (hunted) herds.
Old 06-20-2007, 09:15 AM
Nontypical Buck

Very true.. but in Texas we dont lose a lot of deer to weather, predators or disease... hunting yes. And yes does management is key to proper heard management... but alsoWHYDEER HUNTING IS NEEDED to control deer populations.
Old 06-20-2007, 09:19 AM
Nontypical Buck

I agree, It just kinda seemed like common sense to me, exponential growth model....

It is nice to show to anti hunting people that some control is needed. Just be sure to state that hunting is the only method to control if there are truely no others, except cars[]
Old 06-20-2007, 09:21 AM
Nontypical Buck

I agree, It just kinda seemed like common sense to me, exponential growth model....

It is nice to show to anti hunting people that some control is needed. Just be sure to state that hunting is the only method to control if there are truly no others, except cars[]
Sometimes it takes a picture to truly gasp a concept.
Old 06-20-2007, 09:42 AM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: TexasOaks
Very true.. but in Texas we dont lose a lot of deer to weather, predators or disease... hunting yes. And yes does management is key to proper heard management... but alsoWHYDEER HUNTING IS NEEDED to contril deer populations.
Antlers vs horns bothers you, but you bread your deer heard???
Old 06-20-2007, 09:48 AM
Nontypical Buck

but in Texas we dont lose a lot of deer to weather, predators or disease... hunting yes. And yes does management is key to proper heard management... but alsoWHYDEER HUNTING IS NEEDED to contril deer populations.
Thats a bunch of non-sense. So you are telling me that if it wasn't for hunting, deer would live forever.....not the case at all.

Hunting takes care of the overflow. The carrying capacity of the land, vehicals, disease, and yes predators take care of the rest. Now, there are places where predators are few, food is many, and hunters are none that have MASSIVE deer issues. Mostly big neighborhoods with golf courses. However, nature has a way of balancing itself out. Hunting in general, does not have a major effect on the populations of anything. Not when done legally within seasons and bag limits anyway. Now, major concentrated efforts can and will in fact cut down populations. But I think a hell of a lot more deer in most places die of natural causes, natural predators, diseases and accidents then you might think.
Old 06-20-2007, 09:49 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: DUMB BASS

Very true.. but in Texas we dont lose a lot of deer to weather, predators or disease... hunting yes. And yes does management is key to proper heard management... but alsoWHYDEER HUNTING IS NEEDED to contril deer populations.
Antlers vs horns bothers you, but you bread your deer heard???
I dont bread any deer heard. This is just a diagram of a pair of breeding deer and timeline ofthe effects of those two deer. It's just an illustration, that's it.
Old 06-20-2007, 09:51 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: SwampCollie

but in Texas we dont lose a lot of deer to weather, predators or disease... hunting yes. And yes does management is key to proper heard management... but alsoWHYDEER HUNTING IS NEEDED to contril deer populations.
Thats a bunch of non-sense. So you are telling me that if it wasn't for hunting, deer would live forever.....not the case at all.
I didn't say deer would live forever. Hunting is a way of controling a population.

Quick Reply: A year by year diagram of a pair of breeding whitetails...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.