Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

covering your scent

Old 08-27-2007, 11:20 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default covering your scent

Ok i am a big guy and can not get a scent lock suit in my size. So what is the best way for me to cover and destroy my scent i had a kit last year that had soap and a deoderent stick and laundry soap and a cover spray on it is that enough or what eles should i do
Old 08-27-2007, 11:29 AM

Default RE: covering your scent

Personally I would be most concerned with wind direction compared to the direction that deer are going to be coming from.

If you are already doing that and still want some kind of cover scent, there are lots available out there. I think some people use skunk etc. I've never really bothered with it.

For hunting downwind situationsscent blocker suits (don't forget to cover your head)are really the best option in my opinion.
Old 09-13-2007, 06:02 PM

Ghost scent eliminator is the best. It made me a beiever when a bottle of liquid potpourri spilled in my car. I sprayed Ghost over where it spilled and WHAM, no more potpourri.

Old 09-13-2007, 06:44 PM
Giant Nontypical

i has a guy that worked and gander mountain ttell me to use that
Old 09-13-2007, 08:46 PM

Hunt the wind first and then spray your boots with a good scent eliminator. I would stick with one that as silver as an ingredient. Silver kills bacteria that cause odors. Also, Rivers West makes some fine waterproof gear in lots of sizes. There clothing doesn't let air escape. It is perfect for temperatures between 20-60 degrees without layering underneath. Or I would get a silver lining undergarmet and my regular camos wahed in a scent free detergent without UV Brighteners and store them in a big ziplock and only take out when ready for the woods.

Good Luck

JMO