Hogs and Exotics Gun or bow, you can stretch your season and fill the freezer with wild hogs and an assortment of exotics.

covering a ground blind

Old 02-27-2007, 07:10 AM

Default covering a ground blind

well using this ground blind and the pik of where i plan to put it how and what would yall do to cover this ground blind to make it where a pig dont even know your there

Old 02-27-2007, 07:16 AM

Default RE: covering a ground blind

pik of somewhere where i plan to put it somewhere by a pipe feeder i got
well the ground is usually covered in brown grass

Old 02-27-2007, 08:58 AM
Nontypical Buck

My experience with ground blinds of that type is just put them next to brush or trees rather than try to cover them with brush. Covering them up would be better camo but the wind would eventually cause punctures, etc. and too much brush might invite a big old rattlesnake in there with you. I know you got rattlesnakes in your area.....big uns.I've never been busted by deer or turkeys with my pop-up in a semi-open area, haven't used it yet for hogs. Let me know how whatever you do works out. Ray
Old 02-27-2007, 09:11 AM
Fork Horn

Kidd, I use a similar blind. Just keep it down wind of where the hogs are coming thru and don't set it directly in their path. Set it amongst the bushes that are already there and you shouldn't have to worry about covering it. I'll bet the hogs won't even act like they see it. Just so they don't smell you is the main thing, or, hear you fumbling around inside it.

My blind works great for turkey hunting. The turkeys will walk right up to it and past it like it isn't even there! Now deer, they'll look at it and walk around it, they do see it but it doesn't seem to spook them.
Old 02-27-2007, 02:32 PM
Dominant Buck

Ive never used a tent kind. I usually just put up a bunch of tumble weeds or vegetation and make a ground blind. Hogs do not see very well, ive simply set in tall grass before and was never seen. Wind is more important. If you put it up near any brush and prop up some sticks and other vegetation on it, you should be fine.
Old 02-27-2007, 09:06 PM

well im planning on goin and tryin at some pigs this weekend if anything happens ill be sure to post a video or piks
Old 03-05-2007, 07:19 AM

well i had no luck with some hogs this weekend i did see a big 300 pounder walkin by a pond but we wanted some little ones......but as usuall still lots of sign,rubs,tracks,poop,extc