Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Tracked her in snow

Old 01-06-2003, 09:38 AM

Default Tracked her in snow

My son and I went out last night and got a big doe. It finally snowed here the other day so I went out yesterday morning and when I pulled up I saw 5 deer take off into the woods. I decided to try and cut them off so in the woods after them I went. It is doe only season here and there was what looked to be two does and 3 fawns, they were moving pretty fast. I got in and sat for like two hours and then decided to walk I found their prints in the snow and followed them to the property line to see if I could find where they were bedding. That evening, my son and I came back and set up in some big haybails between the bedding area and feeding area. Just like clockwork about 4:45 here they came down the hill right to us. They were in some pretty heave brush so we waited and waited and waited for one of the two big ones to get into the open. Finally she did and that was her mistake. We smoked her one shot and down she went. The boy and I were pretty excited, more meat for the freezer. It was a long drag through mud and muck but it was well worth it. Just thought I would share.

Hack
Old 01-06-2003, 09:47 AM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: Tracked her in snow

Congrats on a nice doe, I love snow!

The Tazman aka Martin Price
Founder and President of
Virginia Disabled Outdoorsmen Club
Old 01-14-2003, 11:04 AM
Nontypical Buck

Cool hunt.
That's one of my goals - to track down a deer I saw earlier and take them from in close.
Nice job.

Keep 'em all in the Bull.
Old 01-14-2003, 01:03 PM
Nontypical Buck

Congrats on the doe.

Government's view of the economy could be summed up in a few short phrases: If it moves, tax it. If it keeps moving, regulate it. And if it stops moving, subsidize it.
Ronald Reagan
Old 01-14-2003, 04:12 PM
Giant Nontypical

congrats! sounds like you enjoy hunting with your son like me and my dad do..only im the son that is on the board..he doesnt like computers much...i love it when our plans come together...congrats to you guys...now go get yourself one!