Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Which would you choose?

Old 08-22-2007, 11:18 PM
Spike

Default Which would you choose?

Okay on my hunting property there are two key areas that I have found. I want to know which one you guys would hunt. I have anarea covered in sparse 4-6 foot pine trees with large heavy trails.There are several big pines overlooking these areas that would provide a great tree for my climber. Now just 20 yrds into a thicker area of scrub brush is a small creek with flowing water (I am in AL and in my area there has been no rain for almost 2 mos) It backs up to thearea I previously talked about with trails from that area emptying into the creek area. However the only way to hunt this is to be inside it next to the creek. The reason for that isthe trees in the area create a canopy thatis very hard to see through. I am new at this whole thing but I know you guys can help me.
Old 08-23-2007, 12:08 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Which would you choose?

Why can't you hunt both of them. Set them up so you can hunt one with one wind direction and the other when the wind changes.
Old 08-23-2007, 12:58 AM
Nontypical Buck

Ditto.
Old 08-23-2007, 02:20 AM

Ditto also! If there is enough water in the creek you could use a small boat or rubber raft to infiltrate the thicket without a trace of scent strung out the woods. Good Luck!
Old 08-23-2007, 02:35 AM
Spike

The creek is only 6 in deep at most, butthe good thing is I can drop off the road, which the creek runs under, and walk through the creekto my tree stand inside the canopy. I would still have to cover some ground to get into a tree overlooking the trails.I will have to look for a tree that gives me an east/west look at the trail and use the north/south for the creek bottom....thanks for the advice.