Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Anyone ever...

Old 08-07-2007, 04:52 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Anyone ever...

ORIGINAL: djschuett

ORIGINAL: huntnma

or maybe , you should bring him in the woods for a hunt and see how wellyour captaindoes....bring a bottle of perfume for his tree just in case, lol....just kidding.....my dad and step mom are anti's, my dad accpets it to a point, but he wont tell his wife, lol....she is an monster when it comes to anti hunting....we were asked years ago to get rid of our mounts and anything to do with hunting when she came down, we wouldnt , she didnt come down for years, finally this past year they came down and guess where we all had dessert?my house, lol....mounts and all, and she actually said she liked the decor, there was a calming feel to my living room, lol......just keep standing yuor ground and maybe one day, you might be able to change some minds, even just one is worth it....
So let me get this straight, you got to keep your mounts up and your step-mom didn't come to your house? Sounds like a win-win situation!

lol......for 6-7 yrs. she didn't come down...we told her that we'd come to see her when she got rid of her cats, lol...i guess finally she saw how stupid she was being...i can handle her once or twice every 2-3 yeears, lol...

Last fall we were out of milk and since there was 4" of snow on the ground, I threw on my hunting boots and the nearest coat I could find which just happened to be my Cabela's 8-in-1 upland game jacket which has some dried blood stains on it (mostly just little drops no bigger than 1cm in diameter and probably only about a dozen of them).

I ended up getting in a conversation with the cop who works there (living in Des Moines, what do ya expect?) about my boots. He has the exact same kind and absolutely loves them, says they're warm enough for deer hunting yet comfortable enough to walk all day pheasant hunting in. I told him I couldn't agree more.

I then head for the checkout with my gallon of milk. Since it's semi-storming out there was only 1 line open and 4 people already ahead of me. I'm almost to the front when I hear the obnoxious disgusted sigh that can only come from a college aged female. Like an idiot I turn around to see a 5'1 250+lb girl standing there holding a bag of doritos and a Mt Dew wearing a jean jacket plastered in liberal/animal rights campaign pins.

At this point I should have known to shut my mouth because we were both clearly opinionated people, but I said "Can I help you miss?"

"Yes, you can tell me that those stains on your coat aren't from a poor defenseless little animal."

I felt a grin creep across my face as I replied, "It wasn't defenseless, pheasants can both run and fly very fast, it's a great defense."

"Why would even a sick pathetic murderer like you kill a beautiful bird?"

"Same reason you're gonna whole bag of Dorito's tonight, they taste good. However, unlike you, I don't mind getting the occassional exercise while in pursuit of a meal."

At this point, the guy behind her who happened to be wearing a camo jacket busts out laughing and says, "You may not agree with the guy, but when he's right, he's right!"

The 2 bill feminazi decided she was out-numbered and out-gunned, though not out-weighed and decided to shut her pie-hole for what was apparently the first time in years.

I went home drank a beer and ate a deer stick and it was one of the best tasting deersticks I have ever had

hahahahhahahahahahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
Old 08-08-2007, 07:51 PM

ORIGINAL: drs1961

djschuett, that was perfect. It's great when they set themselves up so easily. A few years back after just arriving in Billings Mt. for a deer hunt, we had to stop by a pharmacy. When we reached the register, the cashier, a middle-aged woman,started in on us. I casually replied that we were from out-of-state and was spending money notonly in her state but in the store where she worked, helping to pay her salary.She shut up then but my wife still had to ask her what would her boss think about her antagonizing customers.
I couldn't have asked for a bigger/better set-up on that one! The hunting gods were smiling down on me that day.
I called my dad (who taught me to love this sport) and he said that was one of the proudest moments of his life behind me graduating college, getting married and shooting my first buck... in no particular order

huntnma,
Beautiful work! I don't have any step parents, but I have enough buddies who do and I can imagine how great it would be to have a "Keep Step-mom out of the house" card!
Old 08-10-2007, 07:12 PM
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: Bubbahoo18

I met a girl at a party in Houston a couple of months ago. She was hot and seemed pretty cool, so we traded e-mails and phone numbers. I'm in Houston about once a month, so I wasn't really thinking about having a relationship but you know , anyways, when I got back home, she e-mailed me about 2 days later talking about how she saw some hunting pictures of mine and she started crying and the whole e-mail was her lecturing me about how evil hunting was. I couldn't understand this b/c the last time I saw her she was shoving a hamburger down her mouth. So, I guess in her world it's evil to kill a cute deer, but ok to raise a cow to be slaugtered. Some girls should really think before they open their mouths.
As Uncle Ted has said," whats the difference in actually going out and harvesting substanance and paying someone to do it for you"
Old 08-10-2007, 09:38 PM

"Yes, you can tell me that those stains on your coat aren't from a poor defenseless little animal."

I felt a grin creep across my face as I replied, "It wasn't defenseless, pheasants can both run and fly very fast, it's a great defense."

"Same reason you're gonna whole bag of Dorito's tonight, they taste good. However, unlike you, I don't mind getting the occassional exercise while in pursuit of a meal."

Hope that you don't mind, but I am going to have to borrow this for the next "don't shoot bambi, or the pretty bird" person.
That has got to be about the funniest thing that I have heard said to the fat girl at the Grocery store. Bet next time, she keeps her Pie hole shut, rather than be reminded that she is a slob in public.
Old 08-11-2007, 01:16 PM
Typical Buck

I did once have a audibon anti in a red shirt walk up on my duck blind and give me some bs line about watching and not wanting to get shot I was ready to pickup any way but that donkey just wouldn't go away . Took me twice as long to pickup as usual that son ofa dog hounded me clear to the truck . I probally made a bad showing after 45 minutes when I in a rather blunt guttermouth way asked him what was wrong with him and the other 48 miles of beach line that he had to bully me . He looks at me and says " i'm fine your not on the other 48 miles ." I havn't seen him since I drove away .

I did hear about the editor of Cosmo after a PETA protester poured red paint on her mink , sending a plate of rare roast beef to them on the steps where they painted her . That was the best except for yall' hammering the round girl .
Old 08-11-2007, 11:31 PM
Typical Buck

djschuett, that is f*c***n* hilarious, I will drink to that. Like The Great Nuge said, the deer herd is obviously doing better than it ever has, otherwise records wouldn't keep getting broken year after year. There are bigger, more and healthier deer being harvested today than there ever has.....so hmmmm.......we are obviously warm-blooded managers....not cold-blooded murderers!! Hunt em up!!
Old 08-12-2007, 12:56 PM

I've had several conversations with "anti's". The best one was one year I was out deer hunting (firearm) with my father. I kept seeing this "white flash" through the brush but couldn't tell what it was. I than began seeing brown and white through the brush. About this time the neighbor guy (anti-hunter)steps up to the fence wearing a Carhart (brown) coat with a white T-shirt under it. The coat was only half zipped. He was about 75 yards from me...I just shook my head and turned away. He proceeded just inside the wood line along the fence towards my father. I radio'ddad to warn him of the "brown-white" flashing along the fence. About 30 minutes later my dad tells me that the neighbor is standing along the fence (now about 350 yards from me) I couldn't see him at all when suddenly I had 3 does and a buck come out of the woods. As I knew the neighbor was 350 yards west of me and the deer were to the south, I knew it was safe to shoot the buck. I radio'd my dad to ensure the neighbor was still there as I planned on shooting...dad gave me the go-ahead. Well, I guess when I touched off my 7mm the neighbor completely collapsed where he was standing, got back to his feet and ran towards his house. As I was field dressing the deer the neighbor returned to the fence near me. (Of course the deer had to die only 25 yards or so from the fence line) He was quite upset that I shot a deer and began yelling at my father and I. I smiled at my dad, turned and slowly walked upto the neighbor. I gave him a brief course in deer behavior andhow they try to "circle" arounda person or any preceived dangerin the woods. Then Ithanked him for pushing the deer to me as this was the 1st buck I had seen in 4 days of hunting. Never had a problem with him after this........
Old 08-12-2007, 01:44 PM

any preceived danger in the woods. Then I thanked him for pushing the deer to me as this was the 1st buck I had
ORIGINAL: kdvollmer

Hope that you don't mind, but I am going to have to borrow this for the next "don't shoot bambi, or the pretty bird" person.
That has got to be about the funniest thing that I have heard said to the fat girl at the Grocery store. Bet next time, she keeps her Pie hole shut, rather than be reminded that she is a slob in public.

By all means! I would love to have every hunter use this line as often as necessary!

Bhunter50,
As long as the deer keep getting bigger, I'm gonna have bigger targets! Makes my job easier and more meat for the freezer
I once got a mass spam e-amil asking for donations to PETA. I e-mailed in an offer to bring venison sausage, fried squirrel, and BBQ Pheasant breasts to their next cookout. They never replied

Another strategy is for each anti you meet tell them, "Well, since you're not hunting and pulling your weight in the population management department, I guess I'll have to shoot 2 next year.
Old 08-12-2007, 03:49 PM

One time a friend of mine and his wife came over.His wife went on and on about my deer heads and bass on my wall.I had to hear about an hour how wrong it was to kill innocent animals and have them on your wall.Finally I said hang what you want to on your wall,but right now you are in my house and you are welcome to leave at anytime.She didnt seem to want to talk to me anymore about anything!
Old 08-12-2007, 03:57 PM
Super Moderator

Ive had a few conversations with Antis. If they start the lecture I generally stop them and ask what they are having for supper. Usually they say steak, burgers chicken or fish. I then just look at then and say thatsall that needs to be said. If they try to argue about it I tell them they need to look at themselves cause they are meat eaters too and what is the difference. I will then walk away from the idiots...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.