Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Anyone ever...

Old 08-03-2007, 07:11 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Anyone ever...

MO-KS_Hunter you couldn't be any closer to the truth
two thumbs up man. Let em have it
Old 08-04-2007, 12:11 AM

I'm n the Army, and a Captain that I work with swears up and down, everytime he sees me reading things in this forum he is against hunting because there is no CHALLENGEin it. You go out with a gun, and you shoot some poor defensless animal. How hard is that. Refuses to believe that there is any skill involved, and won't believe that something like a wild pig can hurt you.
Some people wil argue anything against hunting.

maybe they should go visit slaughterhouses to see where their steaks, and chickens, and every other meat come from. Lets talk then.
Old 08-04-2007, 05:06 AM
Nontypical Buck

or maybe , you should bring him in the woods for a hunt and see how wellyour captaindoes....bring a bottle of perfume for his tree just in case, lol....just kidding.....my dad and step mom are anti's, my dad accpets it to a point, but he wont tell his wife, lol....she is an monster when it comes to anti hunting....we were asked years ago to get rid of our mounts and anything to do with hunting when she came down, we wouldnt , she didnt come down for years, finally this past year they came down and guess where we all had dessert?my house, lol....mounts and all, and she actually said she liked the decor, there was a calming feel to my living room, lol......just keep standing yuor ground and maybe one day, you might be able to change some minds, even just one is worth it....
Old 08-06-2007, 07:33 PM
Spike

I agree with most of the comments; but not with the approach used. I am a teacher and obviously a hunter (or I'm in the wrong site). I prefer to educate the "antis" than to criticize them.

My approach is usually to explain what would happen to the deer population if it wasn't controlled, including over-population which would lead to starvation during winter, etc. I emphasize our role as conservationists and so on. If this doesn't work, I use the clean, healthymeat approach vs. processed, chemically altered meat that most (including myself) eat most of the time. At last if they still give me a hard time I remind them that I own a rifle and can easily pick them off at 100 yards. This usually ends the arguement with a laugh; but in the process I've given them food for though.
Old 08-06-2007, 08:20 PM

ORIGINAL: huntnma

or maybe , you should bring him in the woods for a hunt and see how wellyour captaindoes....bring a bottle of perfume for his tree just in case, lol....just kidding.....my dad and step mom are anti's, my dad accpets it to a point, but he wont tell his wife, lol....she is an monster when it comes to anti hunting....we were asked years ago to get rid of our mounts and anything to do with hunting when she came down, we wouldnt , she didnt come down for years, finally this past year they came down and guess where we all had dessert?my house, lol....mounts and all, and she actually said she liked the decor, there was a calming feel to my living room, lol......just keep standing yuor ground and maybe one day, you might be able to change some minds, even just one is worth it....
So let me get this straight, you got to keep your mounts up and your step-mom didn't come to your house? Sounds like a win-win situation!

Last fall we were out of milk and since there was 4" of snow on the ground, I threw on my hunting boots and the nearest coat I could find which just happened to be my Cabela's 8-in-1 upland game jacket which has some dried blood stains on it (mostly just little drops no bigger than 1cm in diameter and probably only about a dozen of them).

I ended up getting in a conversation with the cop who works there (living in Des Moines, what do ya expect?) about my boots. He has the exact same kind and absolutely loves them, says they're warm enough for deer hunting yet comfortable enough to walk all day pheasant hunting in. I told him I couldn't agree more.

I then head for the checkout with my gallon of milk. Since it's semi-storming out there was only 1 line open and 4 people already ahead of me. I'm almost to the front when I hear the obnoxious disgusted sigh that can only come from a college aged female. Like an idiot I turn around to see a 5'1 250+lb girl standing there holding a bag of doritos and a Mt Dew wearing a jean jacket plastered in liberal/animal rights campaign pins.

At this point I should have known to shut my mouth because we were both clearly opinionated people, but I said "Can I help you miss?"

"Yes, you can tell me that those stains on your coat aren't from a poor defenseless little animal."

I felt a grin creep across my face as I replied, "It wasn't defenseless, pheasants can both run and fly very fast, it's a great defense."

"Why would even a sick pathetic murderer like you kill a beautiful bird?"

"Same reason you're gonna whole bag of Dorito's tonight, they taste good. However, unlike you, I don't mind getting the occassional exercise while in pursuit of a meal."

At this point, the guy behind her who happened to be wearing a camo jacket busts out laughing and says, "You may not agree with the guy, but when he's right, he's right!"

The 2 bill feminazi decided she was out-numbered and out-gunned, though not out-weighed and decided to shut her pie-hole for what was apparently the first time in years.

I went home drank a beer and ate a deer stick and it was one of the best tasting deersticks I have ever had

Old 08-06-2007, 09:27 PM
Nontypical Buck

I have had a few people complain about some of us at work going out deer hunting and how awful it was to shoot a poor defenseless deer with a gun...then I reminded them that I quickly and humanely harvest them with a rifle and not with a car or truck like they have done!

For the most partthe majority of peoplewhere I live are fine with those that Deer Hunt and most places are closed or very short handed when deer season comes around!Like many have stated here.....people now a days have no idea how Cattle and Hogs are butchered and they would probably turn into vegetarians if they ever went to a Slaughter House and saw how their steaks and bacon were made!
Old 08-06-2007, 10:45 PM
Nontypical Buck

I bought a new waterfowl trailer about8 years ago. I had my Luckydog logo put on at fast signs. The DayI picked it up, my buddy andI stopped at King Soopers. A lady started screaming at us calling us murders. She just kept screaming while we were just sitting there. I know it was not the right thing to do, but I will just say, I had a word with her husband and he told her to shut her mouth. That is the only time I've ever had a problem.
Old 08-06-2007, 11:19 PM
Fork Horn

You would be hard-pressed to find an anithunter on post(Ft. Polk(Where I am)). Anyone that does show their opposition will catch all kinds of c*** from us country boys who are natives of Louisiana.
Old 08-07-2007, 03:50 AM
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: djschuett

At this point I should have known to shut my mouth because we were both clearly opinionated people, but I said "Can I help you miss?"

"Yes, you can tell me that those stains on your coat aren't from a poor defenseless little animal."

I felt a grin creep across my face as I replied, "It wasn't defenseless, pheasants can both run and fly very fast, it's a great defense."

"Why would even a sick pathetic murderer like you kill a beautiful bird?"

"Same reason you're gonna whole bag of Dorito's tonight, they taste good. However, unlike you, I don't mind getting the occassional exercise while in pursuit of a meal."

At this point, the guy behind her who happened to be wearing a camo jacket busts out laughing and says, "You may not agree with the guy, but when he's right, he's right!"

The 2 bill feminazi decided she was out-numbered and out-gunned, though not out-weighed and decided to shut her pie-hole for what was apparently the first time in years.

I went home drank a beer and ate a deer stick and it was one of the best tasting deersticks I have ever had
Dude, that is the funniest thing I've heard in a long time. I wouldn't be suprised if she swung by the freezer dept to grab a thing of hagen dais (to get all of her fatty foodgroups), so she could go home, watch bambi and cry while she wolfs it all down. These people make me laugh so hard at their obvious ignorance on how the world works [:'(]
Old 08-07-2007, 07:12 AM
Fork Horn

djschuett, that was perfect. It's great when they set themselves up so easily. A few years back after just arriving in Billings Mt. for a deer hunt, we had to stop by a pharmacy. When we reached the register, the cashier, a middle-aged woman,started in on us. I casually replied that we were from out-of-state and was spending money notonly in her state but in the store where she worked, helping to pay her salary.She shut up then but my wife still had to ask her what would her boss think about her antagonizing customers.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.