Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Out of control!!

Old 05-07-2007, 02:57 PM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: Out of control!!

i know afarmer whofound a strange pickup sitting on his posted place. The hunters had cut his fence. The landownersummarily burned a nice Dodge pickup and has no more trouble with trespassers.
Old 05-07-2007, 03:54 PM
Giant Nontypical

Sounds to me like YOU should have bought it before HE did ...then you could have made it whatever YOU wanted it to be .... at least he did not sub divide it and build houses ....and someone is still enjoying a sport on the property....and if they are straying onto posted property then they should be held accountable ..it is posted isen't it?

dd
Old 05-07-2007, 06:20 PM

i dont want to start an argument because i know someone is going to attack me on this one but two of my passions in life are both motocross(riding and racing dirtbikes) and hunting...they are both my most favorite and most enjoyable things to do...honestly ive riden on my own property and others property that i have permission to ride on i have also hunted these same spots...and honestly ive seen first hand that it rarely effects the deer in my area...they dont care...also pretty much all of the deer use the trails as part of there main travel routes beause they are clear and easier for them to walk through...i also dont see much real damage that they cause to the land...not saying its impossible just all the places ive seen that atvs,dirtbikes and snowmobiles dont seem to show much damage...but to say his ruining this prime land...he can do what he wants...

i love hunting and motocross and i cant stand to see a cop car or DEC truck coming down the driveway and hearing them tell me that theyve either recieveD a complaint about gun shots from me target shooting or someones complained about my dirt bike,atv or snowmobile...

IT IS MY PROPERTY AND I WILL NOT BE TOLD WHAT TO DO ON IT WHETHER ITS SIGHTING IN MY RIFLE OR RIDING MY DIRT BIKE.

although i totally back you about people trespassing on your property...i dont mind people asking me permission at all...but to find someone hunting or riding on your property without permission gets to ya...no matter how nice a guy you are

Id say just ask not to ride on your property and if you guys could get on good terms maybe ask him if they could cut back riding or stop riding during hunting season even on there own property...works for me

good luck i dont think youll have a problem after going to court keeping them off your land...
Old 05-07-2007, 06:32 PM
Nontypical Buck

This fellow sounds like a very bad steward of land. It reminds me a whole lot of the hundreds of thousands of those people over the years who've ruined millions of acres of wetlands, grasslands and other lands by ditching, tiling and bulldozing lands that were marginal farmland after the fact at best. They fill the shallow lakes with silt, flood downstream cities with their fast flowing drainage and destroy nesting and habitat of millions of waterfowl, upland game and all sorts of other animals to produce more bushels of whatever and get less for it. The enormous hog confinement "cities" produce so much pewtrid liquid manure and foul the air so bad that you can hardly stand to drive through many areas in the midwest (e.g. Iowa, southern MN, etc.) and run off ruins the waters above and below ground.
Somebody should tell those in the country that it's not all"town folk" who are doing the"raping" of the land, wetlands, streams and lakes.
Old 05-07-2007, 09:15 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: tourangeaud

Building a fence with the sole intent toinjure anotherperson , is just plain wrong. A fence should be built to deter not injure. Your looking for bad karma building that type of fence.
IMO I don't think young Chris cares what anyone is trying to tell him about the fence and it's possible inherent liability issues. As for the bad karma - maybehe is the bad karma?
Old 05-07-2007, 09:20 PM
Giant Nontypical

Why does everyone keep going with the assumption that Roadkillwarrior is a neighboring landowner?

He has never said (stated), ".....the riders are coming from the neighbors property onto mine."

I think we have someone who is on the outside looking in.
Old 05-07-2007, 09:30 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: falcon

i know afarmer whofound a strange pickup sitting on his posted place. The hunters had cut his fence. The landownersummarily burned a nice Dodge pickup and has no more trouble with trespassers.
This farmer sounds like a complete horse's rear end! I'm not saying the "hunters" (people who trespass to hunt are not "hunters" in my book - they are poachers) are justified in being on his land by any means. I also do not know if (and how can this farmer be so 100% certain) that these "hunters" cut his fence.

Sure would be bad if maybe the "hunters" got some bad directions or info and were just honestly kinda lost or misdirected and their pickup gets torched.

Now that we know that the farmer is also an arsonist there are some other things to consider.

Just because someone's vehicle or other property is on your land that does not give you a right to destroy it or hold it's possesion. I know here in IL that is true because I do my best to keep people off my shop's property and even if it's posted - the law is more on their dang side.

The farmer would have looked pretty dang foolish if his little act of arson wound up getting out of control. Fires can get out of control VERY quickly.

"Dang! I got a forest fire on my hands!" (How you gonna keep your forest fire from burning up your neighbor's property?)
Old 05-08-2007, 01:36 PM
Boone & Crockett

"or hold it's possesion."

That scumbag repeatedly cut my fences and poached on my place. He caused a lot of erosion damage that i had to repair. The judge awarded me his Polaris to cover the damage when thescumbag went off to jail for wants and warrants in TX including felon inpossession of a gun.I hadfive complaints to law enforcement about that one scumbag.