Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Out of control!!

Old 05-03-2007, 03:21 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Out of control!!

bucked off,

I Agree. Setting a "death trap" for someone is not only morally reprehensible, it could bring one hell of a lawsuit or even criminal charges.

If you do put up a fence, just put up a standard fence that you would normally put up, none of this razor wires, punji sticks, holes in the ground with tigers in them, etc.
Old 05-03-2007, 03:25 PM
Giant Nontypical

Quiksilver - I have to disagree to your use of ATVs. Why can't they be used for recreational purposes? That in fact is the single biggest reason by far for the average owner.
Old 05-03-2007, 04:18 PM
Typical Buck

I think you should plant some reefer plants on his property then call the cops on him.....that works every time
Old 05-03-2007, 04:51 PM

Some people like to hunt, some people like to ride dirtbikes. You don't have much right to be mad about it, unless I'm just reading it wrong.
Old 05-03-2007, 05:35 PM
Giant Nontypical

Let's stick with the facts as presented here guys. He says the ATV riders are tearing up and trespassing on neighbors property.

Not once did he state "my property" - did he?

I believe we are dealing with someone who has no other stake in this but his own feelings of, "Boy I sure would like to have been deer hunting there!"

The alleged damage to the actual property? How does he know it is so damaged? Did he get actual permission to be on the land to see for himself? Or is he just going by what others (who were or were not on the property) tell him? If indeed the guy has an open door policy for anyone and everyone - fine.

Now about the alleged damages to neighboring properties. If these properties do not allow trespass - how do you know all about those properties? How did you access them to verify the damges as alleged?

Well I can't address this much more right now. I have to go down to the courthouse and file suit against the neighbor. I have joined with a group of neighbors and we are going before the grand jury. It seems the guy next door has taken it upon himself to change the colors of his house. It was white withmedium gray shingles. Without any consultation with any of us he had the white siding replaced with a light brown and tore off the gray shingles and put up dark brown. And just to throw salt in our eyes - he has planted a rose garden around his front covered porch when the general concensus here is that we mostly prefer tulips! Again he did not consult or discuss these flowers with any of us.

But he'll see! He'll get what's coming to him! We're lawyering up!

And we must have a good solid case here! The law firmtook our money and agreed to take the case with no arguement or anything. That'a always a real good sign of the strength of any case. (I know this for fact. I have seen all of the Perry Mason episodes and am a big, big fan of Judge Wapner and The Peoples Court - so if anyone should know it would be me, right?).

The nerve of some people! Just doing what they want with the property that they bought and paid for with money they worked for!
Old 05-03-2007, 06:36 PM
Boone & Crockett

"I don't understand some of your reasoning behind your comments, it's actions like this that tarnish the public's view of hunters."

Hunter, my butt. Hey, fella, i own the damn place and it is posted. i do not live in some eastern Peoples Demokratic Republik. Iarrested a scumbag at gun point who cut my fence repeatedly and was on MYplaceillegally. The county sherifffound that they guy had wants and warrants in TX and arrested him.Still have the Polaris after three years.
Old 05-03-2007, 06:38 PM
Boone & Crockett

"If you do put up a fence, just put up a standard fence"

In Ok a barbed wire fence is a "standard" fence.
Old 05-03-2007, 07:36 PM
Nontypical Buck

falcon,

I realize a 3 or 4 strand barbed wire fence might be standard.
I was responding to the suggestion that you put up one strand at 3.5 feet and wait for someone to get decapitated by it on a 4 wheeler.
Even though I'm sure that was meant as a joke, I didn't want anyone to feel encouraged to actually try something like that.

I tried to address your question. I think you have every right to stop people from trespassing on your property.

Old 05-04-2007, 07:09 AM
Giant Nontypical

Quiksilver - I have to disagree to your use of ATVs. Why can't they be used for recreational purposes? That in fact is the single biggest reason by far for the average owner.
That is precisely the problem, Matt. Most ATV owners DO use them for recreational purposes. Problem is, most ATV owners don't own enough land to fulfill their own recreational needs. So instead, they just feel inclined to use other peoples' property as their own personal playground.
Old 05-04-2007, 08:06 AM
Boone & Crockett

As a landowner i can attest to the fact that we don't have as much freedom to do what we want with our own land as we sometimes would like to think. Furthermore, there can sometimes be a big difference between exercising one's rights of ownership and being a first class poopie head. You may do things that are well within your rights, but royally piss off everyone around you. When/if something bad happens to you or your property, you are much less likely to get help or sympathy.

Also some of the most flagrant examples of tresspassing that I am personally aware of have been committed by large landowners who essentially think that they are above the law. So, land ownership doesn't make one a saint who is always victimized by the landless.

If this guy is actually doing all the things that the poster claims, there may actually may be many legal actions that can be taken to give him an attitude adjustment. For example, as some folks have stated, in many instances, you DO NOT have the right to turn your property into a big off road track if you are damaging a watershed and/or causing soil erosion, especially if the damage carries over to neighborhing properties.

Quick Reply: Out of control!!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.