Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Big Game Hunting
 Wolf Control ? Preditor control ? >

Wolf Control ? Preditor control ?

Community
Big Game Hunting Moose, elk, mulies, caribou, bear, goats, and sheep are all covered here.

Wolf Control ? Preditor control ?

Old 12-29-2007, 02:47 AM

Default Wolf Control ? Preditor control ?

What does everybody think about Wolf Control ?
Old 12-29-2007, 08:15 AM

Default RE: Wolf Control ? Preditor control ?

I know I would love to shoot a wolf.I think its like anything else if they get over populated and become a problem then there should be something done.My father in law has a 5000 head feed lot not far from big river,sk and he had problems with a big black wolf.One night it chased 1200 head of cattle out of the correls,the cattle leveled them and they were made with railway ties.He had to bring in a trapper to get it,I was to busey working at the time to get a chance at it.It measured 6'7" and a real nice black.

awesome web page
Old 12-29-2007, 10:55 AM

any pictures of that wolf ?I'll try to post a picture too.
Old 12-29-2007, 12:09 PM

this is the only pic I have of it.I wish the father in law would let me make a rug with it.

Old 12-29-2007, 01:25 PM

I hunt the Big River, Sk area and there are a lot of wolves in the area! If you are having that kind of a problem , like you did any where or if they are bringing wildlife herd numbers down to far, definately need to control. I know lots of hunters that, with the chance to take one, would definately hunt wolves. In fact, i hearthat in Manitoba you get a wolf license with you deer tag ( in the north anyway) Dunno if its fully true , but it was on one of the hunting shows i get here, the guy didnt even get a deer, he just shot a beautiful grey wolf on his trip. They are a gorgeous animal , but they are also a very efficient predator. and if they are having a major effect on the herd, lower the predator numbers. I wish here(Saskatchewan) we could buy a tag for wolf, we can only take them with a trappers license and other than for one or two wolves , i wouldnt use that license. They are very smart, whenthey pack up and chase the deer, they chase them on the snow covered ice of the lakes, the deer cant get any traction and they attack on the lake.Horrible sight when your fishing, but i guess everything has to eat.P.S> that is a beautiful wolf pelt!
Old 12-29-2007, 04:24 PM

of all the years of hunting I've only seen one wolf and that was a mile out side Big River when I went up they to look at a cabin.
Old 12-29-2007, 04:43 PM

This wolfs skull was 17 6/8. That would put it way up !!!Alpha Male Killer...
Old 12-29-2007, 04:50 PM

thats a huge wolf,I saw that pic on your web page.
Old 12-29-2007, 10:35 PM

That saved 9 Moose/ year. Good on you Mark.
Old 12-30-2007, 12:34 AM

one less.....

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.