Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
What are you doin in there ( unbelievable story) >

What are you doin in there ( unbelievable story)

Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

What are you doin in there ( unbelievable story)

Old 12-10-2002, 08:19 AM
Spike

Default RE: What are you doin in there ( unbelievable story)

CarDeer, PA doesn't have the market cornered on idiots. NY state has plenty to spare too. That's why I don't gun hunt anymore. After getting shot in the back last year, I'm staying the hell out of the woods when gun season arrives. I hate to say it but it's getting worse every year. With less and less land to hunt, more and more idiots are crowding the real hunters. I'm gonna get blasted for saying this and I apologize to the young people here that learned how to really hunt safely and ethically, but young people today are supposed to be smarter than previous generations and maybe that's true, book-wise, but morally, ethically and common sense-wise, these kids are bumbling idiots! Morons! I just can't believe how stupid they are. And here's the killer....it's not just the young guys. I've seen plenty of supposedly adult people doing some stupid, dangerous stuff. My friends that did go this season told me it's the worst yet, mainly due to the liberal amount of deer tags issued by NY state now. With so many doe permits, the "if it's brown, it's down" mentality, these guys are emptying their guns at running deer without regard as to what's beyond their targits. If what happened to you wasn't enough to scare you away from hunting with these idiots, then I don't know what will. I love hunting as much as anyone here, but I would like to keep on breathing for another few years anyway and no deer is worth getting shot again. Be careful and I hope you pres charges against the moron.

Old 12-10-2002, 08:57 AM

Hard to belive you got three holes in the blind. You have some of the most amazing things happen to you.

"In heaven, even the fish have antlers"
Old 12-10-2002, 10:23 AM

Well......You are definitly intertaining, to say the least.
Old 12-10-2002, 01:06 PM

That,s why I alway,s carry a cell phone with me it,s quicker to direct the law to your location then to tell them about it hour,s later . Plus your doing your self and other,s a faver by getting these jerk,s out of the bush .
Old 12-10-2002, 04:35 PM

You are right that is unbelievable. 3 rounds go through your blind and all you got out of it was a knife?
Old 12-10-2002, 07:15 PM

GEEEZ, well, I'll have to admit, it took alot of restraint to keep from droppin the hammer....I'd say if his brain was a rack, he'd be barley legal......I tried the suburban hunting......way to many people walking around that don't know what they're doing.....from now on, I'm usually packing in when other people are just getting up.....that's a good way to get away from idiots, and if you see someone back in there that far, they usually are pretty good hunters or they wouldn't be there anyway...

In our line of work, we must be able to play Dixie and the Battle Hym of the Republic, With Equal Enthusiasm.
Old 12-10-2002, 07:34 PM

Man thats a heck of a story I went to 1 WMA back when I was in college and as soon as day broke I got outta there as fast as I could. Glad you're ok.

It's the operator that messes up....not the equipment.Have confidence in yourself and shoot straight.
Old 12-11-2002, 03:32 AM
Typical Buck

WOW Definatly a canadate for a Darwin Award!!!
Old 12-11-2002, 02:06 PM
Nontypical Buck

Idiots never cease to amaze me, I'm just glad you and Midman are safe.

Government's view of the economy could be summed up in a few short phrases: If it moves, tax it. If it keeps moving, regulate it. And if it stops moving, subsidize it.
Ronald Reagan