Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
Dead deer strapped to vehicles >

Dead deer strapped to vehicles

Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Dead deer strapped to vehicles

Old 12-02-2002, 12:18 PM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: Dead deer strapped to vehicles

First let me say that if you do not have a choice but to strap a deer out in plain view, go for it.

I will use an example here that maybe some of the folks who think they should just stick it in the anti's face even though they could conceal it in thier trunk or truck bed.

How would you feel if a woman who just had an abortion ran around with the aborted fetus strapped to her vehicle?

Would this appall you?

If you were a supporter of abortion, would this make you even more anti abortion?

If you were undecided on the abortion issue, which way would such a spectacle make you lean on the issue, pro or anti?

We as hunters want to keep the non-hunting public on our side as much as possible, why take a chance on someone who is simply a non-hunter seeing a spectacle they find offending and possibly turning them into an anti.

The Tazman aka Martin Price
Founder and President of
Virginia Disabled Outdoorsmen Club
Old 12-02-2002, 08:57 PM

<BLOCKQUOTE id=quote<font size=1 face='Verdana, Arial, Helvetica' id=quote>quote:<hr height=1 noshade id=quote>
I suppose the freezer section of the local grocery store should be covered to keep the meat out of sight. Someone might be offended at the sight of all those parts of dead cows, pigs, chickens and turkeys.
<hr height=1 noshade id=quote></BLOCKQUOTE id=quote></font id=quote><font face='Verdana, Arial, Helvetica' size=2 id=quote>

No similarity at all. Now if the grocery store kept the cows walking around the parking lot, then gutted them and hung them behind the meat counter so everyone could see while they bled them, skinned and quartered, how many people do you think would buy from that store? Not many I would guess. Most people just don't care to see &quot;the gore&quot; for lack of a better term. Most can walk up and pick out a steak without associating that piece of meat with a living, walking, breathing animal. Strange as it might be, thats just the way it is for the majority of people, even the meat eating non-hunters which is who we need to remain allied with.

--I live in my own little world. But it's OK . . . they know me
here.--
Old 12-03-2002, 06:44 AM

The analogy holds, the animal in the grocery store was just as valuable, just as alive as the deer strapped to the 4-wheeler. The analogy is logically consitent. The trouble is people like to disassociate death/killing and the diningroom table.

Nahum 1:7
Old 12-03-2002, 08:50 AM
Nontypical Buck

Death is a fact of life. A dead deer strapped to the roof of an SUV is not disrespectful in any way to the deer. Driving home 100 miles from camp isn't disrespectful either. If you don't want to see it don't look. If you can't accept what happend and what will happen to that deer then you have a problem. I absolutely refuse to wrap a deer up in a tarp or cut it and put it in a cooler for the ride home. I don't think parading a dead deer around town is the best decision, but it isn't the worst. What a majority of you are saying is that I shouldn't be proud of my success. I guess I shouldn't buy new vehicles or have nice clothes either, someone might get offended because I can afford more than them. I am very proud of every deer I've shot. I've had to put a few on the trunk lid. If you don't like don't look.

Old 12-03-2002, 05:38 PM
Typical Buck

I just put em in the trunk of my subaru. My buddies give me crap about buying a car, especially an import, but ive had no trouble transporting deer even with my car. So far i have had 7 deer in my trunk, not all at once though, i did have two at once in there. Just got to remember to whip the blood off of the bumper, white car doesnt look good.
Old 12-03-2002, 08:03 PM

If i shoot a buck everyone will be able to see the rack anyways because it will stick out of the pick-up bed.. I dont see any problem with straping deer on roofs or hoods or trunks because some people dont have pick-ups and still go hunting. Where are they supposed to put there deer if they have a long drive home. Are they supposed to put it in the warm car and let waste.
Old 11-04-2022, 06:24 PM
Spike

Kgkoon

i think you mean MORE enlightened area!… certainly hunters are not considered enlightened
Old 11-05-2022, 08:20 AM
Boone & Crockett

I don't give two hoots what other people think, especially antis. I would not strap my deer to the hood or roof because I like my venison not to be precooked by laying on my hood for miles or full of dirt from being strapped on the hood or roof. Doing this nonsense just shows how little respect you have for the game you hunt.
Old 11-05-2022, 10:20 AM
JW
Super Moderator

At one time in many states it was the legal way to transport. You needed some part of the animal showing.
Those laws are outdated in mant states now.

Mainly to the grommets others have made.

JW
Old 11-05-2022, 12:40 PM
Nontypical Buck

Hmm, 20 year old thread. Anyone see a need for refreshment! LOL.

Quick Reply: Dead deer strapped to vehicles

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.