Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
Dead deer strapped to vehicles >

Dead deer strapped to vehicles

Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Dead deer strapped to vehicles

Old 12-01-2002, 08:29 AM

Default RE: Dead deer strapped to vehicles

I have no regrets or shame for any deer I've ever taken,
I just wish I had a big ole peta bumper sticker on my
truck while I'm hauling the carcass thru town.
Old 12-01-2002, 03:19 PM
Fork Horn

Anything I kill and anyone else I know kills, they put it in visible sight for anyone who is willing to stare. I think it's fine to show off your trophy. Around here kids bring the trophys to school and show em off. I always like to see em. Elk season seems to be very "visible." If our hunting party kills a bull, it's head is sitting high in the back of the truck and the wang is usually hanging off an antenna. No one objects, everyone laughs. Seems fine to show a kill off in these parts.

If it's brown, its down
Old 12-01-2002, 03:55 PM

If you get it, you might as well show it. Who cares what other people think. My neigbors in fact are antis in a big way. I bring everything home and show it off and they dont like it at all. I dont care, its my hobby and Im proud to be a hunter. Its a tradition that is fading. If more hunters would stand up and say I like hunting and its needed then we would be better off. I dont use Harvest either, its Kill. I here so many hunters in stores talking how they harvest deer. Come on, Give me a break you killed it. There is no two ways about it. My son went to hunters safety course this year and they told him that he will harvest deer, not kill them.... Told him to cover the game up when bringing them out of the woods.... I told him its his choice. He says he kills game and show it off if you got it. Just my $.02
Old 12-01-2002, 04:28 PM
Spike

I think we should all be repectful to the antis, so next time we get a deer lets put some makeup on him and paint his nose red and then drive past their houses. I wish I wasn't just kidding....
Old 12-02-2002, 07:12 AM
Banned

If you don'rt like it too bad. Plenty of people do it, me being one. What would you have us do if we just have a car with a small trunk, put it in the passenger seat and buckle it up? Spare me the rhetoric.

Old 12-02-2002, 07:13 AM
Banned

If you don't like it too bad. Plenty of people do it, me being one. What would you have us do if we just have a car with a small trunk, put it in the passenger seat and buckle it up? Spare me the rhetoric.

Old 12-02-2002, 07:17 AM

This really has nothing to do with shame for the kill, or hiding from the anti's. Actually the anti's aren't who we need to be afraid of, they have already made up their mind and that won't change. The general non-hunting public is who hunters need to be respectful of. Even though most people don't hunt, that doesn't mean they want to look at a bloddy carcass strapped to the top of a vehicle, while on their way to dinner. Even non-hunters know deer hunting is necessary, and most don't mind seeing a dead deer, but I would guess most do mind seeing a wide open and bloody deer in plain site while driving through town. Granted, in some areas this is perfectly ok and accepted as a way of life so to speak. If you have to transport it in the open either by law, or because you have no other choice, the least you could do is cover up mid-section so the blood and cavity aren't staring into the face of the people behind you at the stoplight. Again, this isn't about the anti-hunters, this is about being respectful of the general non-hunting public, and they are the ones who will sway the vote if it ever came down to it.

--I live in my own little world. But it's OK . . . they know me
here.--
Old 12-02-2002, 09:06 AM

I don't have a problem with the deer being straped to the veh. as long as they're going straight home, or to the butcher shop, etc... What I've got a problem with are these yahoo's that have to stop at the local store or bar or hangout. I was at a wal-mart store once and a truck load of hunters came in they were pulling a trailer that had about 10-12 deer on it. Acouple of the guys went into the store the rest of them stayed out in the parking lot. The deer had a tarp covering them so I didn't think much about it. Well you know how it goes acouple of the hunters just had to uncover the deer a stand there shouting the s#$%. Well this was a great site for every person that came out of the store. I'm sure there is atleast 1 little kid wondering why some hunter had to kill rudoff. What ever happend to respect? We as hunters have to to show more respect for the animal and we also have to show respect to other people. I know alot of people that don't hunt put they don't hate hunters either. I'm sure if they saw something like this they would get kinda mad.
Old 12-02-2002, 11:58 AM

I think alot depends on the situation as well. I personally don't see the need for it because it causes controversy with hunting and we don't need any more.

That being said if you don't have a pickup then you have to haul it somehow and I don't see anything wrong with hauling it out on your car or SUV if that is the only thing you got to hunt in.

" Anyone can be a father, but it takes a real man to be a Dad"
Old 12-02-2002, 12:17 PM

I suppose the freezer section of the local grocery store should be covered to keep the meat out of sight. Someone might be offended at the sight of all those parts of dead cows, pigs, chickens and turkeys.

Nahum 1:7

Quick Reply: Dead deer strapped to vehicles

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.