Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
 What the??? Craig Biggio family buck massacre >

What the??? Craig Biggio family buck massacre

Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

What the??? Craig Biggio family buck massacre

Old 01-10-2007, 08:59 AM

Default RE: What the??? Craig Biggio family buck massacre

Wasn't really talking about your post ps, should have specified.I don't care if Biggio raised those deer in his back yard and hand fed them until he shot them or if all of those hunters trekked for a week to get a shot. Whatever floats his boat, to each his own and all that jazz. My points:

1) In my opinion, which I realize that no one cares about, it is hard to believe that those deer were killed under fair chase conditions in what was obviously a short time period, but what do I know.

2) I didn't really appreciate a mod.calling the members of his board "so-called hunters" just because they were running off at the mouth a little. I thought that was kind of the point of message boards, but what do I know.

No more wasting the time of the board on this post for me.

Reefdonkey out![8D]
Old 01-10-2007, 09:32 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: AJ52

Still - Nothing but speculation,assumptions,opinions,suspect,I believe,my opinion,Iowa,hunter safety,canned hunt,75% of this does this and that... Bla...Bla...

All are based on absolutely no facts as to where,when,state,method,days hunted.Nuttin - No Facts - Jack!

All trash talk about another mans "Big Hunt" of which nobody has yet to show any knowledge of.Other Web sites with 75% negatives means nothing here.Here - You Trash talk another hunter - Back it Up!

Oh BTW - what "previous knowledge" led to the speculations based on pictures posted on a web site. Give me a break!

Where's the Beef!

Assuming the Unethical or Negative aspects of another mans hunt is "Garbage IN Garbage In Garbage OUT"

garbage in garbage out
Old 01-10-2007, 09:43 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: AJ52

Still - Nothing but speculation,assumptions,opinions,suspect,I believe,my opinion,Iowa,hunter safety,canned hunt,75% of this does this and that... Bla...Bla...

All are based on absolutely no facts as to where,when,state,method,days hunted.Nuttin - No Facts - Jack!

All trash talk about another mans "Big Hunt" of which nobody has yet to show any knowledge of.Other Web sites with 75% negatives means nothing here.Here - You Trash talk another hunter - Back it Up!

Oh BTW - what "previous knowledge" led to the speculations based on pictures posted on a web site. Give me a break!

Where's the Beef!

Assuming the Unethical or Negative aspects of another mans hunt is "Garbage IN Garbage In Garbage OUT"
Since it is all garbage and we dont have legs to stand on, show me ANY OTHER time or place where this type ofluck has happened in the past besides the one with the deer all on the back of the truck. Because right now, if this biggio hunt is the real deal and a real hunt, that would make TWICE in the history of the sport that this has been recorded as happening all in the same hunt. Im not saying it didnt happen, im saying it is VERY unlikely.To doubt this is a fair chase, non baited hunt, is the wiseravenue to approachas opposed to sitting back and saying "hell, it could have happened because i have this old picture of a bunch of deer in a truck that i dont know the truth about either". Come ON! To doubt the legitimacy of this hunt as a true, non baited, fair chase hunt, is only logical and is far more likely to be accurate. Until we know what really took place on the hunt, doubt is the more appropriate assumption
Old 01-10-2007, 09:57 AM
Nontypical Buck

show me ANY OTHER time or place where this type ofluck has happened in the past besides the one with the deer all on the back of the truck
For a change of pace why not show me where the deer were killed.Thatd be the easiest way to prove your point, otherwise all you have are assumptions.

I could assume since Biggios mom and kid killed bigger deer then you youre not much of a hunter but I wont, see where assumptions lead us
Old 01-10-2007, 10:41 AM
Boone & Crockett

ORIGINAL: Gangly

To doubt the legitimacy of this hunt as a true, non baited, fair chase hunt, is only logical and is far more likely to be accurate. Until we know what really took place on the hunt, doubt is the more appropriate assumption
I would bet that most deer hunting in Texas is done using feeders. It's legal in Texas, and seems like I've read here that it's legal in over 30 states. What is B&C's position on whether such "baiting" is fair chase?

Here are some definitions from the B&C Website:

CANNED SHOOT STATEMENT
The Boone and Crockett Club’s Board of Directors and its membership have unanimously adopted and approved a position statement on “Canned Shoots” because of the growing concern among hunters and the increased public interest in the practice of “canned hunts.”

BOONE AND CROCKETT CLUB POSITION STATEMENT
ETHICAL HUNTING VERSUS UNETHICAL SHOOTING AND OTHER PRACTICES

The Boone and Crockett Club has been a highly respected conservation leader and proponent of ethical Fair Chase hunting of North American big game since 1887.

Ethical Fair Chase Hunting
The Boone and Crockett Club, in its Fair Chase statement, advocates any hunting that is “the ethical, sportsmanlike and lawful pursuit and taking of any free-ranging wild game animal in a manner that does not give the hunter an improper or unfair advantage over the game animals.”

Unethical “Canned” Shooting (Improperly referred to as “canned” hunting.)
The Boone and Crockett Club condemns the pursuit and killing of any big game animal kept in or released from captivity to be killed in an artificial or bogus “hunting” situation where the game lacks the equivalent chance to escape afforded free-ranging animals, virtually assuring the shooter a certain or unrealistically favorable chance of a kill.

FAIR CHASE STATEMENT
FAIR CHASE, as defined by the Boone and Crockett Club, is the ethical, sportsmanlike, and lawful pursuit and taking of any free-ranging wild, native North American big game animal in a manner that does not give the hunter an improper advantage over such animals.

HUNTER ETHICS
Fundamental to all hunting is the concept of conservation of natural resources. Hunting in today's world involves the regulated harvest of individual animals in a manner that conserves, protects, and perpetuates the hunted population. The hunter engages in a one-to-one relationship with the quarry and his or her hunting should be guided by a hierarchy of ethics related to hunting, which includes the following tenets:

1. Obey all applicable laws and regulations.
2. Respect the customs of the locale where the hunting occurs.
3. Exercise a personal code of behavior that reflects favorably on your abilities and sensibilities as a hunter.
4. Attain and maintain the skills necessary to make the kill as certain and quick as possible.
5. Behave in a way that will bring no dishonor to either the hunter, the hunted, or the environment.
6. Recognize that these tenets are intended to enhance the hunter's experience of the relationship between predator and prey, which is one of the most fundamental relationships of humans and their environment.

Now, for what it's worth, it seems to me that B&C would recognize hunting over bait as appropriate "fair chase" if it is permissible under local law and consistent with the customs of the locale. And, if the hunting is done from a blind, set up near a feeder, on a reasonably large piece of property, the game has an equivalent chance of escape as is afforded free range animals undera similar blind/feeder setup. Because, regardless of whether you've got a high fence or a low fence, the deer are usually within about two good leaps from disappearing into the brush. If you're in a little ten acre pen, maybe the anti-fence crowd has a point. But, if it's thousands of acres under a fence, then I think it beecomes difficult to argue that the "game lacks equivalent chance to escape" or that the "hunter has gained an undue advantage" or that the hunter is "virtually assured of a kill."
Old 01-10-2007, 12:04 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: petasux

show me ANY OTHER time or place where this type ofluck has happened in the past besides the one with the deer all on the back of the truck
For a change of pace why not show me where the deer were killed.Thatd be the easiest way to prove your point, otherwise all you have are assumptions.

I could assume since Biggios mom and kid killed bigger deer then you youre not much of a hunter but I wont, see where assumptions lead us
i never suggested where they were hunting, i made no accusations where they were hunting because i have no proof. Frankly, i dont give a rats furry rear where they were hunting as long as they had a good time. Somebody mentioned that they might be at Antler Ranch and so i posted a picture from Antler Ranch's website and added a small narrative concerning the photograph and what it might would have been like if they had hunted there. I NEVER indicated that i believed they hunted there because i have no clue where they hunted and i could care less where they hunted as long as they have a good time. I am all for baiting animals, I am all for hunting with every advantage I can legally get my hands on. If biggio and his friends and family baited, tied them to a fance, or drugged them so they didnt run off, AS LONG AS ITS LEGAL im happy for them. I wish i was with them to harvest the meat and the rack would be an added bonus.

I made a post about ODDS, not whether i believe they did or didnt hunt this way or that way or in any particular location so I could care less what argument you bring forward to me. Dispute my post, not some other mute point. But since you did try to dispute a point with me that i never made.....

For a change, why dont you show me where they were hunting so you can prove to everybody here that they werent baited or fenced in.I hope you can find it and show everybody, but as for me, i could care less. I never cared from the get go how they hunted or where.My post wasin ragards towhat the odds were that if they hunted there,what are the chances that it would or wouldnt be fenced in, if the deer were accustomed to people and if it was baited...THATS ALL
Old 01-10-2007, 12:09 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: ipscshooter

ORIGINAL: Gangly

To doubt the legitimacy of this hunt as a true, non baited, fair chase hunt, is only logical and is far more likely to be accurate. Until we know what really took place on the hunt, doubt is the more appropriate assumption
I would bet that most deer hunting in Texas is done using feeders. It's legal in Texas, and seems like I've read here that it's legal in over 30 states. What is B&C's position on whether such "baiting" is fair chase?
In my first sentence i should have stated "non baitedand fair chase" but i didnt put the AND in there and made it sound wrong. I apologize, my fault. Baiting to me has no affect on fair chase as long as the animal has more than adequate room to flee if it wants to. Im all for baiting, fenced in areas(as long as they are large enough to have the deer roam freely), and any other advantage i can get my hands on to legally hunt. If its an advantage, Ill take it.
Old 01-10-2007, 12:16 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: petasux

I can assume that because you have no clue what deer i have or havent shot that you could very quickly look like an A$$ when you make remarks like that.

I am very happy for them, and hope the best for all of the hunters that partook on that hunt. Congrats to all of them and may the next year be even better for them. I am finished with this thread, it has gone nowhere, but it was very interesting to read over all the post and listen to everybodies arguments, and accusations. Good day and see yall on another thread.
Old 01-10-2007, 01:27 PM
Nontypical Buck

75% are nothing more than pure negative speculation on where and how these bucks were harvested.That's a sad note for a bunch of so called hunters posting on a Hunting Site

[/quote]

Old 01-10-2007, 06:54 PM
Nontypical Buck

I can assume that because you have no clue what deer i have or havent shot that you could very quickly look like an A$$ when you make remarks like that.
See, there you go assuming things againSeriously, it was a joke, notice the smiley face.