Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
 What the??? Craig Biggio family buck massacre >

What the??? Craig Biggio family buck massacre

Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

What the??? Craig Biggio family buck massacre

Old 12-29-2006, 05:03 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: What the??? Craig Biggio family buck massacre

Biggio Is an excellent ball player! I love the way he plays the game and hope he can win a world series soon! If you guys where wondering if he paid to hunt those deer well he didn't! Craig owns ahuge ranceh out in Michigan and I am sure thats his family with him! I alson know that he he is a very accomplished hunter for upland game also and take land manangement very serious!
Old 12-29-2006, 05:06 PM
Nontypical Buck

What is that? A $42,000 photo? Heck if I wanted to hunt farm animals, pound for pound a cow would be a better investment.
Old 12-30-2006, 06:26 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Zim

I'm goint to guess that hunt was at the Sanctuary in Michigan. If not, then definitely some other high fence midwest "ranch".

x2, them deer definately look payed for
Old 12-30-2006, 07:20 AM
Nontypical Buck

A few years ago there was a picture making the rounds on the internet with a truckload of bucks like that taken here in Iowa.They were all taken within something like 5 miles of each other under fair chase conditions during the shotgun season, no fences at all.I recall that every place that picture turned up it got almost the exact same responses as this one got, accusations and chest thumping without anyone knowing anything at all about the picture.Its a sad thing when people cant post a picture on the internet without it being torn apart by negativity.

Even after that pictures story was known the bashing continued, arm chair experts telling the people who hunted the land how taking that many bucks out of that small of an area in one year was sure to ruin the hunting for generations to come, accusations of poaching from people on the other side of the country who knew nothing of the area or people they were accusing.

Dont know the story behind this one but theyre nice deer, without some evidence as to where they were shot I dont think Ill pass it off as some spoiled rich ball player dropping 40 grand on a canned hunt, escpecially if he has his own ranch to hunt as was mentioned.
Old 12-30-2006, 07:30 AM
Banned

Grandma in the pic leaves no doubt that it is a canned hunt. Actually with more than two big bucks in the pic left no doubt it was a canned hunt.

Old 12-30-2006, 07:42 AM

And those aren't just any old bucks, either.

7 people(including grammy and the kids) shoot Deer of a Lifetime all within 24 hours of each other, the person in the center of the picture has more than enough money to buy those deer, and we should assume that they were all killed on his *FREE RANGE* land in MI???????

Old 12-30-2006, 07:57 AM
Nontypical Buck

7 people(including grammy and the kids) shoot Deer of a Lifetime all within 24 hours of each other, the person in the center of the picture has more than enough money to buy those deer, and we should assume that they were all killed on his land in MI???????
Why assume anything?

Its funny, all the talk of letting little bucks grow, QDM, managing lands for trophy deer, changing the P&Y requirements cuz theres just to many big deer being killed yet when a picture comes up with big deer in it its automatically "assumed" they were either poached or killed in a high fence area.

Lets "assume" for a minute he owns a ranch, he manages the land letting the little bucks grow, killing does and culling lesser bucks.Lets "assume" he supplements thier feed year round, has little hunting pressure most of the year and has areas of the ranch that are left as sanctuaries for the deer.You know, most of the crap that gets preached in here on an almost daily basis to result in big bucks running around on your property.Its like a wet dream for most of the QDM guys that are after those same results.So either theyve been blowing smoke up everyones butt about the effectiveness of managing the deer on your property or theres a very real possibility hes done an effective job at doing what most of these guys set out to do.
Old 12-30-2006, 08:27 AM

It is hard to grasp some of the hunting that is allowed in this country of ours. I would hope most of us enjoy just being outdoors and harvesting a nice animal . Not paying for a trophy because I know personally I would not feel like I am accomplishing more then a empty wallet. I know we all can start to speculate how,where, and how much they paid for those deer now they are the only no how they harvested those deer. I would hope it was fair chase!!!!! I know personally I could not afford to pay for a hunt at a place like this http://bestdeerhuntohio.com/ or would I really think I have harvested more then a breeding stock farm animal. Now go and check out those prices! (IS THERE WHERE DEER HUNTING IS HEADED?) I sure hope not........
Old 12-30-2006, 02:35 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: petasux

7 people(including grammy and the kids) shoot Deer of a Lifetime all within 24 hours of each other, the person in the center of the picture has more than enough money to buy those deer, and we should assume that they were all killed on his land in MI???????
Why assume anything?

Its funny, all the talk of letting little bucks grow, QDM, managing lands for trophy deer, changing the P&Y requirements cuz theres just to many big deer being killed yet when a picture comes up with big deer in it its automatically "assumed" they were either poached or killed in a high fence area.

Lets "assume" for a minute he owns a ranch, he manages the land letting the little bucks grow, killing does and culling lesser bucks.Lets "assume" he supplements thier feed year round, has little hunting pressure most of the year and has areas of the ranch that are left as sanctuaries for the deer.You know, most of the crap that gets preached in here on an almost daily basis to result in big bucks running around on your property.Its like a wet dream for most of the QDM guys that are after those same results.So either theyve been blowing smoke up everyones butt about the effectiveness of managing the deer on your property or theres a very real possibility hes done an effective job at doing what most of these guys set out to do.
Let's continue to assume since we are headed down this road. Am I to assume those same 7 people pre-season scouted, tracked patterns, set stands, monitered current buck sign, and all scored at the same time?

Or, that even a third of those folks could manage a comparable buck on public land?

I was born at night....but it wasn't last night! If I had to bet on this, I'd say it was canned. The story mentioned above from petasux may be the exception but not the rule.

Old 12-30-2006, 02:51 PM

Those are some nice deer but hell i wouldnt even have a smile on my face after shooting it. I just spent 10's or 100's of thousands of dollars and i just shot a deer that had no chance of escape or defense in any sense, if anything i would be ashamed of myself for participating in such a low life type of thing.

Quick Reply: What the??? Craig Biggio family buck massacre

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.