Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

how does walmart do it!

Old 12-12-2006, 11:12 AM
Fork Horn

Default RE: how does walmart do it!

ORIGINAL: halvtaz

Yeah TSR6 all gun sales are final at WM. BUT, that is where the warranty then goes into effect. Think about it....why have the warranty in effect if no one has bought the product.
Because gun shops with on-site gunsmithing can try to correct your problems instead of having to rely completely on off site warranty repair jobs.

Old 12-12-2006, 11:46 AM

ORIGINAL: TSR6

ORIGINAL: halvtaz

Yeah TSR6 all gun sales are final at WM. BUT, that is where the warranty then goes into effect. Think about it....why have the warranty in effect if no one has bought the product.
Because gun shops with on-site gunsmithing can try to correct your problems instead of having to rely completely on off site warranty repair jobs.
Excactly !!! You can pay to have a gunsmith fix it for you if you do not want to use the warranty, but WM does honor the warranty and would send it off to be fix if you wanted to take it to them. Just depends on what you want and how quick you want the work done.
Old 12-12-2006, 11:53 AM
BKA

And a lot of the times once that gunsmith does something you dont have a warranty no matter what happens to it.

There are good and bad about everything in life. It's funny how so many of you are pointing out things that "WalMart" is doing but in your time on the soapbox complaining about walmart you are to damn blind to see that a lot of the other stores you frequent do exactly the same damn thing. All you guys that are complaining about stuff are just wanting to show how much you can complain. It's funny and there is no way that any major manufacturer will remake a certain model of their product with cheaper parts and sell it at a different price at walmart then at joebob's bait/tackle and guns. Many manufacturer's do make another line of guns that are lower priced but they dont use the same model numbers and are usually marketed under another manufacturer name.... ie... Hoyt/Reflex... Bowtech/Diamond.... shall we name more? Do you think that the Diamond bow not as reliable as the Bowtech or the Reflex is not as reliable as the Hoyt???
Old 12-12-2006, 11:57 AM
Boone & Crockett

ORIGINAL: ipscshooter

"All sales are final" does NOT mean the manufacturer won't honor its warranty.
No, It doesn't. But as I was trying to point out with that post - no, you can't take it back to walmart expecting them to exchange it or honor some warranty!
Of course I wouldn't expect some $6.00 per hour clerk to do warranty repairs on my rifle. I would expect them to ship it to the manufacturer so that the manufacturer could honor its warranty. Do you think that when you buy a gun at a gun store that it is the gun store giving the warranty? No, it's still a manufacturer's warranty. The gun store might have a gunsmith on site who can do the work (if the store is an authorized repair site), but the factory gets the bill. The only difference is that the gun store might be more convenient or timely, because it doesn't, necessarily, have to ship the gun back to the manufacturer. Still, it is not the gun store's warranty. And, if the gun store's gunsmith isn't licensed by the manufacturer to do warranty repairs,he'll void your factory warranty if he does any work onthe gun.
Old 12-12-2006, 12:15 PM
Giant Nontypical

No, It doesn't. But as I was trying to point out with that post - no, you can't take it back to walmart expecting them to exchange it or honor some warranty!
Of course I wouldn't expect some $6.00 per hour clerk to do warranty repairs on my rifle. I would expect them to ship it to the manufacturer so that the manufacturer could honor its warranty. Do you think that when you buy a gun at a gun store that it is the gun store giving the warranty? No, it's still a manufacturer's warranty. The gun store might have a gunsmith on site who can do the work (if the store is an authorized repair site), but the factory gets the bill. The only difference is that the gun store might be more convenient or timely, because it doesn't, necessarily, have to ship the gun back to the manufacturer. Still, it is not the gun store's warranty. And, if the gun store's gunsmith isn't licensed by the manufacturer to do warranty repairs,he'll void your factory warranty if he does any work onthe gun.
Its the $6.00 per hour that started all of this. Why would you buy a gun from his incompetent clerk?
It all goes back to the point that you get what you pay for.You can deal with experts and buy quality products or you can take a chance that some minimum wage earning expert @ Wallies world will be able to help you out.
You spend thousands on a truck ,hundreds more on outdoor clothing but now its bargin time when purchasing a gun that you will hunt with for the rest of your life.
Yea now I'm seeing your point .
Old 12-12-2006, 12:45 PM
Boone & Crockett

ORIGINAL: bawanajim

Its the $6.00 per hour that started all of this. Why would you buy a gun from his incompetent clerk?
It all goes back to the point that you get what you pay for.You can deal with experts and buy quality products or you can take a chance that some minimum wage earning expert @ Wallies world will be able to help you out.
You spend thousands on a truck ,hundreds more on outdoor clothing but now its bargin time when purchasing a gun that you will hunt with for the rest of your life.
So, apparently I'm too stupid to know what gun I want to buy? That's just silly. I've known what guns are appropriate for what game animals since I was 10. What makes you think I need a clerk, or someone who works at a gun store to pick a gun out for me? That's just a ridiculous argument. The only thing I need from a Wally World Clerk is to know that they have run the credit card through properly. They don't need to be a ballistics expert for that.

If I know I need a rifle for, say, coyote hunting, andmaybe deer, and I've decided I want a Remington 700 SPS in .25-06, I don't need the help of the "clerk", or the "expert" to pick it out for me. I can go to both places, look at the price tag, and decide where to buy. Pretty siimple. I've listened to some of these "experts", working for specialty gun stores, make some pretty ridiculous claims.A lot of the folks in the specialty shops, like Gander Mountain, Bass Pro, or Mom & Pop's Gun Store, etc., are just "clerks" too.
Old 12-12-2006, 12:57 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: how does Wilmar do it!

Ask the Wally world pro for that 4.5 X 14 variX III Leupold scope for your new rifle and enjoy the look of bewilderment in his eyes.
Old 12-12-2006, 01:07 PM

Tell me ohhhhhhhh master of the gun experts, where may I find an above minimum wage expert. Bass Pros Shop, Gander Mountain. Joe's Gun Shop...please enlighten me. Inquiring minds want to know.
Going to any gun shop / discount store you roll the dice on what kind of service you get. There are some at Wallyworld that actually know more than the gunshops / gunsmiths. You just have to be able to tell BS from real deal.
Old 12-12-2006, 01:09 PM

Ask the Wally world pro for that 4.5 X 14 variX III Leupold scope for your new rifle and enjoy the look of bewilderment in his eyes.
I will say that is a good point and quite funny to top it off.... [&:]
Old 12-12-2006, 01:13 PM
Boone & Crockett

Most of the Wally World folks I've met at least have the intellectual capacity to read the name of an item off the end of the box.

Quick Reply: how does walmart do it!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.