HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - how does walmart do it!
View Single Post
Old 12-12-2006, 01:07 PM
halvtaz

Default RE: how does walmart do it!

ORIGINAL: bawanajim

ORIGINAL: ipscshooter

ORIGINAL: TSR6

ORIGINAL: ipscshooter

"All sales are final" does NOT mean the manufacturer won't honor its warranty.
No, It doesn't. But as I was trying to point out with that post - no, you can't take it back to walmart expecting them to exchange it or honor some warranty!
Of course I wouldn't expect some $6.00 per hour clerk to do warranty repairs on my rifle. I would expect them to ship it to the manufacturer so that the manufacturer could honor its warranty. Do you think that when you buy a gun at a gun store that it is the gun store giving the warranty? No, it's still a manufacturer's warranty. The gun store might have a gunsmith on site who can do the work (if the store is an authorized repair site), but the factory gets the bill. The only difference is that the gun store might be more convenient or timely, because it doesn't, necessarily, have to ship the gun back to the manufacturer. Still, it is not the gun store's warranty. And, if the gun store's gunsmith isn't licensed by the manufacturer to do warranty repairs,he'll void your factory warranty if he does any work onthe gun.
Its the $6.00 per hour that started all of this. Why would you buy a gun from his incompetent clerk?
It all goes back to the point that you get what you pay for.You can deal with experts and buy quality products or you can take a chance that some minimum wage earning expert @ Wallies world will be able to help you out.
You spend thousands on a truck ,hundreds more on outdoor clothing but now its bargin time when purchasing a gun that you will hunt with for the rest of your life.
Yea now I'm seeing your point .
Tell me ohhhhhhhh master of the gun experts, where may I find an above minimum wage expert. Bass Pros Shop, Gander Mountain. Joe's Gun Shop...please enlighten me. Inquiring minds want to know.
Going to any gun shop / discount store you roll the dice on what kind of service you get. There are some at Wallyworld that actually know more than the gunshops / gunsmiths. You just have to be able to tell BS from real deal.