Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
 Beware!!! There are bears in them there woods!!!! >

Beware!!! There are bears in them there woods!!!!

Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Beware!!! There are bears in them there woods!!!!

Old 11-29-2006, 08:14 AM
Spike

Default Beware!!! There are bears in them there woods!!!!

I posted this in the Big Game Hunting Forum, but I thought the deer hunters would be interested too.

Here in Va. it's illegal to carry a modernhandgun duringbow and black powder seasons unless you have a concealed carry permit.

http://www.timesdispatch.com/servlet/Satellite?pagename=RTD/MGArticle/RTD_BasicArticle&c=MGArticle&cid=114919185 4343
Old 11-29-2006, 08:24 AM

Default RE: Beware!!! There are bears in them there woods!!!!

That bear took a lot of killing.But look at all the incedents that guy gets himself into! Maybe take up golf?
Old 11-29-2006, 09:26 AM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: Beware!!! There are bears in them there woods!!!!

Ouch, that guy's lucky to be alive. A bear that size will definitely leave a mark if it gets a hold of you.

Just a reminder to watch yourself in the back woods and not take any chances with wounded animals. Make every shot count and give the animal time to expire.

You're right about the concealed handgun permits, but if those guys couldn't ge the job down with rifles (ended up beating on it with their buttstock?!), I doubt they could've with a sidearm.

Side note: proof of hunter education is sufficient to satisfy the firearm safety training requirement for obtain a Virginia CHP. If any bowhunters would feel better packing, go get your permit and be done with it (maximum $50 application fee, permits must be issued within 45 of the application date--both of those are by law). You can also carry in WMAs and National Forests so long as the pistol/revolver is concealed at all times.