Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Pa Opening Day

Old 11-24-2006, 08:15 AM

Default Pa Opening Day

How many of my fellow Pennsylvanian's can't wait for opening day? I'm soooo ready to go!! I can't wait, it's only a few days away.
Old 11-24-2006, 03:23 PM

Default RE: Pa Opening Day

Yeah I'm all pumped for it also!!! Hope to see something!!!! Here whee I hunt the past couple of years have really went down hill! Did not see a tail last year during rifle season!! And I was out just about every day!! The only nice thing about where I hunt is that during archery season I did not run into another hunter hunting where I do! (I hunt public land)!!! Last year there were a few but this year not one!!
Old 11-24-2006, 04:02 PM
Boone & Crockett

I'm less then excited. I'm not a fan of the PA opener.
Old 11-24-2006, 04:05 PM
Nontypical Buck

Yeah, I'm ready. I hunt on a farm in Greene Co. Thingshave really went down hill there too. Use to see lots of deer on the first day. Last few years we see fewer and fewer.

I'm taking my 17 yearold daughter. She always gets the first shots

Last year she did not get her doe until about 3PM. We didn't see a whole lot like other years.
Old 11-24-2006, 05:01 PM
Nontypical Buck

I'm with Rob....prepared, but not excited. The pumpkin parade is not my favorite thing in the world...not by a long shot. I still like gun hunting, and I know its vital to meet harvest quotas....but when comparing 7 shot vollies and hail mary shots to the stealth and precision of archery....it almost makes me sad. I know there are lots of gun hunters out there who are better shots than I'll ever be....but sometimes I wonder how many not-so-great shot guys are out there, and how many wounded deer are running around.

So yea, I'm ready...but at the same time, I really wish it wouldn't come.
Old 11-24-2006, 05:10 PM
Nontypical Buck

Ba Humbug!! I love the anticipation of the first day!!!
Old 11-24-2006, 05:22 PM
Fork Horn

Cant wait!!!! Ill be in bradford county on monday on private land.I agree deer numbers are down but we eliminated doe hunting 3 years ago so were seeing a few more deer but no where near as many before HR.
Old 11-24-2006, 06:41 PM

excited but calm. already have the freezer half full so i can relax and enjoy my hunt. and i got out of the game lands and back to the place i love the most. i'm ready for a nice relaxing hunt. beautiful weather(a little warm).
Old 11-24-2006, 07:43 PM
Fork Horn

I am tagged out from archery, butI am still going out with my dad to video.

absolut40 - where in bradford county, I live and hunt in bradford.
Old 11-24-2006, 10:59 PM
Fork Horn

PA,

I found a 6 point that was gone waste form a arrow wound, somebody didn't know how to track well enough....this one killed just 2 days prior to gun season. (Ours opened on the 15th Nov.)

So far this gun season I've not found any deer wasted, though I have in past seasons a few times.

There's to many in both groups willing to take shots that shouldn't be taken.

Heard a guy complaining about his luck in a local resturant a few days ago. Seems he stuck 2 during early bow.....but both got away.....then mentioned he'd taken a shot that morning @ 200+yds.....with his Rem. and Brenneke SLUGS........

Ruined my lunch.

I think there is something to be said for a shooting skills test prior to being allowed to hunt ANYTHING with ANY weapon. Still not a sure thing what such a qualified individual will do when excited with a deer or any other game in front of them.....but couldn't hurt.

Hope you guys have a good year in PA.

Quick Reply: Pa Opening Day

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.