Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Smoking in tree stand

Old 11-20-2002, 12:40 PM

Default Smoking in tree stand

The other day while in a stand, I heard alot of gunfire over a hill in front of me. Some friends were walking a tree claim about a half mile away,they were walking it towards me. So I figured the deer would head my direction. So I decided to have a cigarette.( I know against all views of scent free hunting) While I looked towards the hills, I heard some noise behind me, I slowly turned my head and there were two does about 10 feet to my left. They wandered over the creek and stood directly in front of me, maybe 15 yds. They stared at me in my blaze orange vest & hat with cigarette in hand.After a couple of minutes they continued down the creek,never spooked just walked away. I did get a nice buck about 2hrs. later out of the same stand.
Old 11-20-2002, 01:18 PM

Default RE: Smoking in tree stand

I don't smoke but most of our hunting club members do. and they smoke almost all the time in their stand.

You can still see butts stuck inbetween the bark, and many of deer have been taken while these hunters were smoking.

KEEP HUNTING THE GREAT OUTDOORS & GOD ALIVE, PASS IT ON!
Old 11-20-2002, 03:07 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Smoking in tree stand

Hey "weezer", if you quite that dirty habit you wouldn't "weeze" so much. When I was young and foolish I smoked and more than once saw deer while I was smoking on stand. I have not smoked for about 15 yrs. now and enjoy life a whole lot more.

Robin