Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

horses scaring deer?

Old 11-19-2006, 08:05 AM
Fork Horn

Default horses scaring deer?

well i hunt out of my blind over an open field where deer come out of the woods to feed but sometimes their r also horses their and i overheard another hunter saying that they wouldnt come out cause of the horses so the only other option i have is to run them off when get their and that could scare ne deer off their for the day.....wat should i do, would deer really be afraid of them?
Old 11-19-2006, 10:52 AM

Default RE: horses scaring deer?

Deer aren't scared of horses and cows. At least the ones I hunt aren't afraid. I hunted a woods edge overlooking a field out of my treestand, and the cows and horses grazed in the field. I saw deer all the time crossing that field. I figure since they are used to seeing horses and cows, they aren't afraid. I even killed a big doe out of that same stand this bow season.