Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Deer hunting videos

Old 11-17-2006, 07:15 PM

Default RE: Deer hunting videos

thats the way to do it! gotta love the 870s dont ya!?! got one myself
Old 11-17-2006, 07:20 PM

sorry bout that last one guys, my computer just wacked out on me and put that in here for some reason. just ignore it.
Old 11-17-2006, 10:30 PM
Fork Horn

Thanks for all the reply's. The only hunting movies i like watching r from BKS (Best Kept Secrets) with Rodger Raglin. i probbly spelled his name wrong, i like his videos he doesn't talk much, he's not afraid to take a doe, and the best thing HE SHUTS UP WHEN THERES A DEER NEAR HIM. If any of ya know of any gun only deer hunting movies plaese tell me. the best one i have seen was made in the late 80's. i forgot the name of the movie, but the outfitter in the movie was Great White with Lloyed McMahon as the guide.
pat

i'ld love to find that one again
Old 12-01-2006, 10:15 AM
Fork Horn

anybody else got an opinion?
pat
Old 12-01-2006, 10:24 AM
Fork Horn

i like to watch them, but i cant stand the stupid music they play when a deer comes in to view, i cant stand that, why cant it just be quiet...it drives me nuts...
Old 12-01-2006, 01:13 PM
Fork Horn

I agree, the people making these videos talk too much and do not show enough respect for the animal taken. They run up to them and start acting like theyhave never taken a deer before that moment.Not all are like that, but whatdo you expect when those videos are driven by marketing. They're busy trying to thank the guide, the outfitter, the ranch, the arrow manufacturer, the bow maker, the scent company, the camo clothes provider...everything but the animal for giving its life. Most hunters have a natural humility and respect for the animal they hunt. Some do not. Too bad that most of those making the videos are not of those that do.

As for archery versus gun hunting, the reason that most of the shows have mostly archery hunts rather than gun hunts is because the archery seasons are longer, typically have more liberal limits and offer a chance for better video footage as a result of having to be a lot closer for a shot.

As for me, I would rather see all aspects of the hunts...why they selected their stand locations, aerial & topo maps, food sources (preferably natural food sources, not plots or feeders), etc. Even throwing in some more advanced habitat and herdmanagement techniques. Educate and entertain...doesn't seem to me that one has to be sacrificed for the other.

Old 12-01-2006, 01:35 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: USFWC

As for me, I would rather see all aspects of the hunts...why they selected their stand locations, aerial & topo maps, food sources (preferably natural food sources, not plots or feeders), etc. Even throwing in some more advanced habitat and herdmanagement techniques. Educate and entertain...doesn't seem to me that one has to be sacrificed for the other.
Good post. I feel the same way. I enjoy hunting videos but most of them should just be called shooting videos. They briefly mention why the guide sat them in their particular stand and within a few minutes(of footage anyway) they kill a deer. I would like to see more in regards to the tactical side. Aerial photos, topo maps, stand sites, wind directions, temperatures, weather info for a couple of days before and after, moon, food sources, bedding areas, etc. etc. etc.With all the resources some of these shows have you would think they could take maps and photos and turn them into some kind of computer animation to give you more of an overview of how everything came together and sometimes do it on a non-ranch type place (public or private) and showit all the way from selecting an area, to researching it, to selecting stands, then hunting. I know they may not be able to do that for every hunt on every video but even if they did a couple it would be much more valuable to me.
Old 12-01-2006, 03:46 PM
Fork Horn

You need to watch Drury Outdoors videos, they do it all. They give you a lead in, use bows and guns, they miss, they kill, they show respect to the animal, they let you know whats up. In my opinion, they have the best videos. Realtree Roadtrips is pretty good also, they do pretty good on the whole hunt, not just the kill, and they use all weapons. Jim Shockey does alot of muzzleloading, and alot of mulie hintin. I am surprised noone said they would like to see more handgun hunts.
Old 12-01-2006, 04:25 PM

ORIGINAL: BOYWONDER

Thanks for all the reply's. The only hunting movies i like watching r from BKS (Best Kept Secrets) with Rodger Raglin. i probbly spelled his name wrong, i like his videos he doesn't talk much, he's not afraid to take a doe, and the best thing HE SHUTS UP WHEN THERES A DEER NEAR HIM. If any of ya know of any gun only deer hunting movies plaese tell me. the best one i have seen was made in the late 80's. i forgot the name of the movie, but the outfitter in the movie was Great White with Lloyed McMahon as the guide.
pat

i'ld love to find that one again
Roger is the real deal to say the least... here is his website:

www.rogerraglin.com

Look on the front page of our website (pic of roger)... link in sig line.... he took a (then) world record (muzzleloader) blackbuck antelope here at our ranch. And you are correct...he does not talk too much!!! lol

The Y.O. ranch (as I understand it) has taken a bigger one with a ML!! Since Roger's blackbuck last spring.

Fabuluous guy to deal with.

best of luck

Old 12-01-2006, 06:10 PM
Fork Horn

I agree with BowhunterFett the Drury OutdoorsFilmsare great and love watching them, I also like Realtree production like Paul L Mohr said, but Realtree Road Trips is by far the best. Not only does it have some cool hunts but also has some footage of the others things that go along with the hunt.(Camp,friends,stories,ect.) If you have'nt seen them before I strongly suggest checking them out.

Quick Reply: Deer hunting videos

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.