Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Deer hunting videos

Old 11-17-2006, 12:17 PM
Fork Horn

Default Deer hunting videos

I am sick of all the deer hunting movies out there. Rarely do the hunters check to see if the animal is dead, they talk to much, and i never see a doe being taken, i'ld like to see them hunt on public land. i saw this one movie a while back this guy shot a buck when they found the deer, the camera guy was infront of the deer the hunter ran up with out his wepon saying what a buck. and heres the kicker the buck was gutted. I am not that much into bow hunting, i am more of a ML'er and rifle user, every hunting movie i see may have 10-16 hunts on ti and only a few hunts are with a gun, i have not see any gun only deer hunting movies since my dad recorded some from the late 80's, why is that?

just venting

pat

p.s. lets see some shotgun hunts too
Old 11-17-2006, 12:34 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Deer hunting videos

I think that bowhunting has exploded over the past couple years. More people like to see a deer fooled by the hunter and come within 50 yards for a clean shot. Plus with all the new bows coming out and equipment with them, people want to see how the newer ones compare to older models. Im not saying I am a diehard bowhunter, I love hunting with guns. People are just getting more interested in bowhunting nowadays.
Old 11-17-2006, 12:36 PM

I agree! I am more of a rifle man myself but I don't mind watching them bow hunt. I just don't like it when they go to the deer and just talk and talk about the monster buck they killed. Do you think they field dress it or do they have a hired person do it for them? That's just a curious question and it probably is a stupid one. And personally I have never seen a hunt with a shotgun. Don't get me wrong, I love watching those hunting shows on Sunday mornings.
Old 11-17-2006, 01:53 PM

I prefer gun hunting too, mainly because I want the deer I shootto have a quick, painless death (that's thesensitive side of me I guess). The deer on those shows just wander off and it takes a while to find them.
Old 11-17-2006, 02:52 PM

I have to agree with you guys. Bowhunting has gone off the charts in popularity.I watched a hunting show where the bow hunter made a crappyshot ona nice buck and then couldn't find it, that dayand the next. It made me sick. Later in the show the same hunter went out and shot a good size doe, because he didn't feel right taking another buck.You're darn right you shouldn't shoot another buck, you just shot one and didn't showrespectforthat animal bycontinuing thehunt to make a kill just for good TV. Sorry, just venting.Shows like that showhow hard it is to hunt with a bow and that itshouldn't be attempted by just anybody.I would definetly like to see some shotgun and ML hunters on TV. Although I am big into centerfirerifles, I'm tired of all of the shows that center on long-range shooting with expensive riflesin the newest, loudest, and highest recoil calibers that none of us would buy, and in places where none of us could even afford to hunt. Show me some down-to-earth hunters in ourown home woods hunting deer with good old cartridges like the .30-30 and .30-06, and with12-ga. slug guns and muzzleloaders.
dway87, I have two videos put out by Drury Outdoors that feature a lot of good hunts with shotgun and ML. They also have rifle hunts and bowhunts.
Old 11-17-2006, 03:57 PM

Yeah I have a couple of the Monster Buck videos. I like them a lot.
Old 11-17-2006, 04:10 PM
Fork Horn

We have the outdoor channel, and sometimes I cant stand to watch it, its either big game hunts in africa that appear effortless, or there whitetail hunts that seem ridiculously easy, inface opening day I came in from lunch and was watching another BOWHUNT which id like to get into but prefer rifle, this guy like every other deer movie sees 10 to 15 deer 3 or 4 bucks that in my book are amazing, but instead of even considering a doe he waits for the biggest buck and when he gets it like you said they talk about how faraway it is, and this show in particular showed a guy shoot this buck and then the camera guy and him talked about how far away this deer went well the camera guy wasnt too great and when they got to the deer they panned around, and you could see the stand he was in not more than 50 yards away oh yeah he walked alot the deer was right in front of him and like u said already gutted....idk about you guys but when i see deer i see them in pairs, or maybe 4 or5 and when there in packs its typically all does...
Old 11-17-2006, 05:03 PM
Nontypical Buck

I love Mule deer hunting its my number one passion but I never get to see mule deer hunting shows there usually all whitetail dont get me wrong I love whitetail hunting and i live in michigan but i love muledeer first and formost
Old 11-17-2006, 05:18 PM

They're just made for entertainment, and to sell gadgets. They make it look easy, but who'd want to watch someone sit in a stand for hours, or days?
Old 11-17-2006, 05:24 PM

5 or 6 years ago it was the other way around. I had started bow hunting and everything I could find was gun hunting with maybe one or two bow hunts on it. I wanted to see some deer get taken with a bow. Now it's turning around.

I prefer the real tree videos. We do have to remember these are done for entertainment so they edit things out and mostly show the good hunts with nice deer since that is what people want to see. Not many people would spend money to watch guys get busted and shoot scrawny 5 or 6 points. I have nothing against it, but that propably wouldn't sell and that is what they are trying to do.

I bow hunt and gun hunt, shotgun/inline muzzle loader and the deer don't die any faster with my gun than they do with a bow. I haven't had one drop on the spot yet, they all run a ways and die. I aim for the vitals, not the shoulder though. I am sure a shoulder shot would drop one, but just because it drops doesn't mean it's dead, just that it can't run a way.

I really hate to see the battles between gun hunters and bow hunters about ethics and what not. When you boil it all down we are all hunters and we kill for sport, going after each other sure won't help us any.

And as far as deer sufering with a bow hit, I have shot deer with my bow and they didn't even know they were shot. They flinched a little and then continued doing what they were doing (browsing) until they got dizzy and dropped. Every one I have shot with a gun, believe me, they knew they got shot.

Just my view on it anyway. You are welcome to your opinion though.

Paul

Quick Reply: Deer hunting videos

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.