Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
 pre rut activity in west tenn. >

pre rut activity in west tenn.

Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

pre rut activity in west tenn.

Old 10-26-2006, 10:31 AM

Default pre rut activity in west tenn.

The state wide youth hunt is this sat and sun,so i rode to one of my bean fields yesterday afternoon about dark to see what was coming out.The beans were cut earlier this week so i fiqured the deer would be on it. Had six does out first then 3 young bucks showed up ,the two bigger ones about 16 in inside ,maybe two and a half year olds couldnt stand it they started there little light sparring and pushing each other around ,didnt get to rough just checking one another i quess. Two more weeks and it should be some good huntin coming on.Good luck to everyone this season and be safe and dont try to be a tough guy and not wear your safety harness.My uncle broke his back and i fell twice before i wised up.Esspecially the fathers out there you have some little ones at home exspecting you to come home so be safe.
Old 10-27-2006, 12:03 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: pre rut activity in west tenn.

Great advice ,swamp rooster.
Old 10-27-2006, 09:21 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: pre rut activity in west tenn.

I hunt in east tn and ive seen quite a few of rubs but no scrapes.I also ovserved a real nice eight point with 3 to 4 does just about every night in a log road behind my house.