Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
 Does Tinks stay good in scent bombs? >

Does Tinks stay good in scent bombs?

Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Does Tinks stay good in scent bombs?

Old 10-24-2006, 07:47 PM
Fork Horn

Default Does Tinks stay good in scent bombs?

Just curious what you guys do with your Tinks 69 scent bombs after each use. Do you just keep reusing themorclean them out and refill it back up with Tinks 69 each time. I didnt know how long it would stay good in the scent bomb since its not really air tight. Also, do you guys pour the whole bottle in or just part of it. Thanks for any imput.
Old 10-24-2006, 09:01 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Does Tinks stay good in scent bombs?

Throw it away
Old 10-25-2006, 05:27 AM
Dominant Buck

I've soaked the wicks in a baking soda solution overnight and reused them , but not with the same pee , it didn't seem to hurt anything . At the end of the season I threw away the wicks and cleaned the bottles thoroughly , then stuffed them with new felt wicks the following year . Throwing them away just didn't sit well with me considering what they cost , and they make such handy range markers .
Old 10-25-2006, 07:15 AM

Tinks has preservative in it therefore it should stay somewhat stable ( not turn into ammonia) as long as it does not get to warm. If you are not cleaning your container with distilled warm after every hunt ( before adding more scent) then you are comprising the scent ( the ammonia smell builds anddegrades the newly added urine) If the bottle of scent smells like ammonia you arereally just spinning your wheels!
We use freshly collected scents from deer farms and use biodegradable unscented tampons, dip the tampons in the bottle and take the tampons to the stand, After the hunt we throw the urine soaked tampon on the the ground and make a mock scrape- this works really well.
We used only freshly collected deer urine with no preservatives- we get ours from Southern Whitetail Scents- they collect it fresh ship it cold pack to our home. We have killed some good bucks using this method in the last two years. www.southernwhitetailscents.com