Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
Cheating  Hunters  Around Me All Day >

Cheating Hunters Around Me All Day

Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Cheating Hunters Around Me All Day

Old 01-12-2002, 04:38 PM
Boone & Crockett

Default Cheating Hunters Around Me All Day

Today was the last day of deer season in Pa. It was bow or muzzleloader only since December 26th. Today at 7:30 some guys were driving the small patches of woods around my house illegally. They were tresspassing and when the shooting started ,about 20 shots only 5 shots were Ka boom from a muzzleloader and all the rest of the shots were just bang ,from slug guns. I watched one guy empty his slug gun at a runnig doe and finally hit it the 5th time. He then put his slug gun in the fence line in the brush and then grabbed a muzzleloader out of the fence line and shot it in to the ground. Some slob,like no one could recognize a slug gun sound from a muzzleloader.I called the game wardens immediately and have not had a return call and they never showed up either,and its 11 hours later. Nothing new,I only had them respond to a call 1 time in 5 years,no wonder we have all the poaching we do.I felt like shooting all their tires out on there 40,000 pickups,but decided against it ,but to say Im fruststed with pigs like that is a understatement.
Old 01-12-2002, 04:49 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Cheating Hunters Around Me All Day

I hear ya Cardeer,
I hunted the muzzleloader season up here and everywhere I'd go, I would hear 'CRACK' as in centerfire rifles and sometimes emptying their magazines too. It makes me sick. How is a hunter who plays by the rules gonna have a chance if they're annialating(sp?) the herd?
Old 01-12-2002, 04:56 PM
Giant Nontypical

well cardeer...there i forget the number but i think 435 game commisioners in that state or sumthin i forget...and thats why they werent there....that makes me sick....wut slobs!!
wish they woulda got busted..and ratted on firends out doin the same thing...

mauser06
Old 01-12-2002, 05:22 PM
Nontypical Buck

IT'S A SHAME THE WAY SOME THINK THEY ARE ABOVE THE LAW.I WISH YOU COULD HAVE GOTTEN THE GAME WARDENS TO RESPOND.THESE GUYS KNOW THAT THERE IS NOT ENOUGH GAME WARDENS TO COVER ALL THE TERRITORY. SO THE CHANCES OF GETTING CAUGHT ARE SLIM TO NONE.I'M GLAD YOU DIDN'T SHOOT THEIR TIRES OUT. YOU WOULD HAVE BEEN THE ONE LANDING IN THE BIG HOUSE INSTEAD.CARDEER YOU ARE A GENTLEMAN.I HAVE OTHER NAMES FOR THEM BESIDES PIGS. BUT THERE AGAIN THIS IS A MIXED COMPANY SITE. LOL.Ruger Redhawk
Old 01-12-2002, 05:42 PM
Nontypical Buck

that sux
Old 01-12-2002, 06:08 PM
Nontypical Buck

Did you get any pictures or plate numbers? The CO's couldn't ignore that.

Cardeer; how many shots are you allowed in a shotgun in Pa? We've got a limit of 3 in Ontario.

Dan O.
Old 01-12-2002, 07:01 PM
Fork Horn

Just a thought, but since they were trespassing call the local cops. I’ve heard of it being done that way here. The police will hold them till a game warden can get there. The wardens always respond to radio calls from police officers.
Old 01-12-2002, 07:12 PM

That sounds about like it is here in Tennessee. But here its not bad its just every now and then. I was in a tree stand watching a field i thought a buck was visitin in the morning hours and theres a bottle neck down about 100 yards in front of me and it was muzzleloader season and on the other side of that bottleneck a guy shot an 8 pointer while i was in stand with a rifle from the road. It pissed me off badly cuz i knew the buck was headed my way!
Old 01-12-2002, 07:48 PM

Mello Collins had the solution.Local sherrifs or state police would have detained them till the wardens came.
Old 01-12-2002, 10:01 PM
Fork Horn

I work for a municipal PD and we work very very closly with the game warden in our area and the S.O. There has been more than one occasion where a deputy, the sheriff himself, or one of us has gone out on calls of that nature. Also being it's trespassing the S.O. or officers that respond has the power to arrest the person or persons on the spot and not wait for the game warden and let the game warden come to the holding area a charge the person or persons out when they get time. For the simple reason the game warden in this area covers approximately 5-6 counties which is a BIG BIG area for one guy. Most of it is the states fault for not putting more wardens out during hunting seasons. Even if they area just part-timers or other law enforcement offical not associated with the state but working for them on certain days. Don't get me wrong it is very frustrating when they don't show up but if they got to drive 100+ miles to get there it does take a little while and they are extremely busy during the hunting seasons so he may have been tied up with somthing else.

Wait, wait, ready PLUG EM!!!!!