Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.
View Poll Results: A poll
YES
45.24%
NO
54.76%
Voters: 42. You may not vote on this poll

Am I cheating

Old 04-09-2008, 05:07 AM

Default Am I cheating

I signed up for a indoor league recently and everything was fine for the first couple of weeks, now a bunch of the guys are giving me s*&t because Im using a reddot sight, and the owner of the shop is now saying I have to a buy pin setup or I cant continue the league, I already decided they can kiss my @ss and wont be returning, I have asked for my money back and so far the owner refuses. Its not like I was dominating the league or anything like that plus I have seen others using them in different leagues. The reason Im even using a red dot is because I recently switch to left hand and its easier for me to shoot. I think the owner is pissed because instead of purchasing one of his precious Mathews I went withthe oneida extreme, I dont know but I dont have the time for this petty crap. So Im I wrong for using a red dot.
Old 04-09-2008, 05:13 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Am I cheating

I would have to see the rules regarding equipment before I could answer.
Old 04-09-2008, 05:16 AM
Nontypical Buck

I agree, but I wouldn't say it was cheating untila rulewas put into effect... What about guys who don't use a peep?
Old 04-09-2008, 05:17 AM
Giant Nontypical

Yeah you're cheating, if you're claiming hunter class..sorry
Old 04-09-2008, 05:21 AM

ORIGINAL: GR8atta2d

Yeah you're cheating, if you're claiming hunter class..sorry
yep very true
Old 04-09-2008, 05:26 AM

this is why i don't shoot in leagues. someone tell me why this is cheating. does the red dot make it hit the target better? if so, i'm buying one for my bow. as far as i know it works like any other sight. point, aim, and shoot. sounds to me like you got into a cry baby league.
Old 04-09-2008, 05:28 AM
Giant Nontypical

Rules are rules H.H. to keep it fair. There are different classes for different equipment, it's how it is... Do you wanna race your Street rod against some professional dragster??

It's people shooting similiar equipment as defined by the ruling body.
Old 04-09-2008, 05:34 AM
Bartender

Makes sense to me and if this is indeed true you big cheater. j/k pal.
Old 04-09-2008, 06:06 AM
Boone & Crockett

If they don't have class seperations (you would be in the open class) and it's pins only, yes your cheating. If they allow scopes/lenses, no your not cheating.
Old 04-09-2008, 06:43 AM
Giant Nontypical

If they don't have class seperations (you would be in the open class) and it's pins only, yes your cheating. If they allow scopes/lenses, no your not cheating.
Unless they have a rule that forbids electronic sights.

It's really simple. Play by the rules or don't play. You signed up and paid your entry fee which signified you were prepared to abide by the rules of the league. You have been informed that the red dot sight is not legal under those rules so the option is now yours. To acquire sights that meet the league's rules or not.

To my point of view, if you've decided you'll refuse to use sights that are legal, then the shop owner is not obligated to return money he accepted from you in good faith. In fact, I'd say he's being pretty lenient with you because he could have simply disqualified you and sent you on your way. I'd also say that it has nothing to do with you buying an Onieda instead of a Mathews. It's his job to enforce the rules.

Quick Reply: Am I cheating

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.