HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Cheating Hunters Around Me All Day
View Single Post
Old 01-12-2002, 10:01 PM
jlb66
Fork Horn

Default RE: Cheating Hunters Around Me All Day

I work for a municipal PD and we work very very closly with the game warden in our area and the S.O. There has been more than one occasion where a deputy, the sheriff himself, or one of us has gone out on calls of that nature. Also being it's trespassing the S.O. or officers that respond has the power to arrest the person or persons on the spot and not wait for the game warden and let the game warden come to the holding area a charge the person or persons out when they get time. For the simple reason the game warden in this area covers approximately 5-6 counties which is a BIG BIG area for one guy. Most of it is the states fault for not putting more wardens out during hunting seasons. Even if they area just part-timers or other law enforcement offical not associated with the state but working for them on certain days. Don't get me wrong it is very frustrating when they don't show up but if they got to drive 100+ miles to get there it does take a little while and they are extremely busy during the hunting seasons so he may have been tied up with somthing else.

Wait, wait, ready PLUG EM!!!!!