Community
Wildlife Management / Food Plots This forum is about all wildlife management including deer, food plots, land management, predators etc.

cheating

Old 11-10-2004, 12:51 PM

Default cheating

i feel that deer should be taken in natural conditions..in the woods...does anyone else feel that food plots and baiting is cheating?
Old 11-10-2004, 05:45 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: cheating

no - I don't feel that way - I appreciate the concern however - and wonder how you came up with your analysis?

Food plots do not mean that the shooting is easier - not at all. In fact in bowhunting - hunting the plot(s) is much less effective then setting up on a good trial - And in Gun season - at least in my area - the plots rarley have deer in them in legal hunting hours.

FH
Old 11-10-2004, 05:50 PM
Giant Nontypical

We leave the food plots up long after the season is over , they need to eat all year, I have a corn pile behind my house and have intention to hunt there.
Old 11-10-2004, 07:26 PM
Nontypical Buck

wally83; if you plant food plots like farmhunter and a lot of others do, you're putting more for into the system than you're taking back by harvesting a few deer. Food plots give you the ability to hunt on your grounds when the deer are acting "natural" rather than being driven like they do around my area during shotgun season.

Dan O.
Old 11-10-2004, 07:35 PM

i guess im fine with food plots such as biologic and clover...but when people take a bucket of corn or apples and dump it underneath them.. i equal that to poaching
Old 11-10-2004, 08:15 PM

you'r really stiring the pot there wally.most as with myslef;if it's legal I do not condem anyone in there hunting method.the anti's have enough to hit us with now without someone from our own group giving them more.
When you accuse a hunter of being a poacher when he is legal in all aspects of his hunt you are hurting us all.you have your opinion as do we all.I am only saying,you may not agree with what others do;as long as they are legal and not hurting you ; please don't condemn them in front of all the none hunters we have out there.JMHO
Old 11-10-2004, 08:27 PM
Boone & Crockett

Wally, just curious as to your opinion of hunting agriculture fields, sex scents, mock scrapes, all "scent control clothing and sprays", camouflage clothing, tree stands, high power rifles, bows, shotguns and any other non-natural acts of hunting?
Old 11-11-2004, 04:10 PM
Giant Nontypical

I don't have any problem with it. The deer is just as dead. I hunt feeders frequently, but usually with a camera. I'm not that big of a believer in food plots. There is no substitute for good range management.
Old 11-11-2004, 04:48 PM

How come baiting is allowed down south but not many states up north are allowed to bait?
Old 11-11-2004, 04:53 PM

I dont think hunting with a high powered rifle let alone baiting is considered hunting. There isnt much of a challenge in it.

Quick Reply: cheating

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.