Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
 I recently did a test with deer supplements >

I recently did a test with deer supplements

Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

I recently did a test with deer supplements

Old 03-23-2006, 07:15 PM
Typical Buck

Default I recently did a test with deer supplements

I did a couple of test with some mineral blocks and liquid supplements and corn vs. Buck Grub. First I set outthree mineral blocks. Oneacorn,persimmon, and apple flavored blocks. Then a poured some liquid Deer Cane on a couple of stumps. I then put some strips about 6 inches wide by 3 foot long of the buck grub. Now with all of these in about 25 feet of one another. It took the deer one night to find the Buck Grub, which they completely devoired and dug a huge hole tring to get whatever the ground absobed. t took them about 2-4 day to actually start hitting the mineral blocks. Here is the catch, They will hit the blocks when the Buck Grub is not available. As for the Liquid Deer Cane, it took about a week to find it and they dug all around the stump. I got more inquisitive about the Buck Grub. I mixed the BG with some corn, and saw even better results. Mixed deer cane with corn and they don't seem to care for it. Now I put some BG mixed with corn on a persimmon block and the deer kicked the block about 4 feet away to get to the BG. This stuff is simply amazing. I actually watched 4 bucks eating buck grub from a a pile that I put out.

Old 03-23-2006, 07:33 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: I recently did a test with deer supplements

I'll have to check that stuff out. I've thought about testing all those out before when you're going through a store and see about 50 different kinds of deer attractants. Did you hang a trail cam over the area?
Old 03-24-2006, 02:28 AM
Boone & Crockett

interesting
Old 03-24-2006, 04:25 AM
Typical Buck

The only thing I can say about the BUck Grub is that it works. I am simple amazed at how it attrracts deer. I need to get a trail camera up so I can get some pictures. You should see the hole that the deer have made digging where I put it on the ground. It does not rot or mold when left out either, Heck there is no time for it mold or mildew.
Old 03-24-2006, 07:12 AM
Nontypical Buck

where can i find this buck grub online?
Old 03-24-2006, 08:07 AM
Typical Buck

here is the link to the stuff on cabelas, didnt find any on ebay

http://www.cabelas.com/cabelas/en/templates/product/standard-item.jsp;jsessionid=IM3ZGEN44GWTNTQSNOISCNWOCJVZII WE?id=0016086415573a&navCount=0&cmCat=srch dx&cm_ven=srchdx&cm_ite=srchdx&CM_REF= http%3A%2F%2Fwww.google.com%2Fsearch%3Fhl%3Den%26q %3DBuck%2BGrub&_requestid=17462
Old 03-24-2006, 11:55 AM
Typical Buck

Bass Pro has it and do a search for buck grubs website.
Old 04-08-2006, 07:13 AM
Nontypical Buck

It sounds like were you hunt you don't need any attractantSave your money for shells