Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Scent Control Products

Old 10-23-2002, 09:30 AM

Default Scent Control Products

Hi guys, after last sunday when I was sniffed out yet another time I decided to get serious about controlling my scent.
All I was using for scent control at the time was a bottle of the spray on cover scent. But it obviously wasn't enough, but anyway,
last night I went and bought from H.S Scents some scent free laundry detergent, scent free shampoo, deodorant, and another bottle of spray on cover scent. My clothes have been washed with the detergent and now their in a bag with leaves so hopefully they'll be good to go when tomorow rolls around.
Old 10-23-2002, 10:51 AM
Spike

Default RE: Scent Control Products

Sounds like you are on the right track. The one other thing I like is Scent Killer. I am a firm believer in this stuff.

Old 10-23-2002, 11:36 AM
Dominant Buck

I asked a similar question yesterday. The suggetions I got were what most people do already (they were very good suggestions).

I have been hunting for many years and have always done what works. Just recently I have been trying new things. Scent sprays is one of them. Im curious on what is the best brand? Which seems to work the best?

I have always played the wind, and have not relied very much on scent killers. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
Old 10-23-2002, 12:46 PM
Nontypical Buck

First of all, I would never discourage anyone from using whatever commercial products they want during deer hunting season....but..
I guess I'm from the "Old School"...I do not rely on these products. It seems to me, and I see it happening each and every hunting season, folks relying too much on these products. Boy, they gotta have this scent eliminator, that cover scent, whatever is out there on the market. Each and every one of us has own own style and method, as well we should, but whatever happened to the old woodsman basic 101, that we all should have learned and practiced? When someone gets sniffed out yet another time and then decides to get serious, whatever happened to getting serious in the first place?

Old 10-23-2002, 02:51 PM
Dominant Buck

Jimmy
Im from the old school. I started bow hunting with a recurve. It took me a while to use a compound. I am curious about these products to expand my horizons. Im not one to stand in the way of technology.
Old 10-23-2002, 03:07 PM
Nontypical Buck

burnie...I agree with you. I just think that too many people think these products are a substitute for good woodsmanship.

Old 10-23-2002, 04:10 PM
Nontypical Buck

I USE SCENT-A-WAY PRODUCTS OR WILDLIFE RESEARCH. FROM THESE 2 COMPANIES, WASH MY CAMO IN THERE LAUNDRY DETERGENT, AIR DRY THEM OUTSIDE, THEN INTO A FRESH PLASTIC BAG, BATH IN THERE HAIR/BODY SOAP, USE THERE SPRAY SCENT KILLER SPRAYS. I DO WASH MY CLOTHES THAT ARE UNDER CAMO WITH "ALL SCENT FREE DETERGENT" BEEN DOIN THIS FOR YEARS, AND IT WORKS, BUT THEN AGAIN "TO EACH THERE OWN" GOOD LUCK TO YOU ALL.