Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Are scent control products worth it?? >

Are scent control products worth it??

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Are scent control products worth it??

Old 08-03-2004, 11:16 AM

Default Are scent control products worth it??

I am trying to decide weather or not to buy Scent Lok clothing. I understand the principle, and it makes sense. But, even in all of the hunting shows and movies I have seen, the big thing is to hunt the wind. Well, if we hunt the wind like we are suppose to, in theory, we could not bathe for a week and it shouldn't matter. Am I all washed up here? What do ya'll think?
Old 08-03-2004, 11:18 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Are scent control products worth it??

If you have the means, why not do both?
Old 08-03-2004, 11:24 AM

I wouldn't go as far as saying that you couldn't bathe for a week, but I do think that hunting the wind is the absolute best "scent control" you can get, plus it is VERY CHEAP!!

I am sure that scent-lok clothing works, but we have been hunting deer for years before it was developed. I don't think anything can replace just being careful about being scent free when you go in the woods and hunting the wind.
Old 08-03-2004, 11:33 AM

Scent lock suits are the BOMB man

I see so many deer with mine its unreal - I have even hand fed a few that never knew I was there[][]

My full scent lock set up from socks, underware, shirts and suit only runs about $2,200.....but you need two of em just incase...........so thats only $4,400.................not bad if you ask me..........

Chuck

Scent Loc Ind
Pro-Staff Hunter

Robinson Lab
Pro staff tester

Hanks tonic
Pro staff Drinker
Old 08-03-2004, 11:41 AM
Typical Buck

I agree with rack-attack, I used scent-lok for the past 7 years and I have seen 100% more deer. Many times deer come from down wind of me and don't even know I'm there. Some say it's just a gimmick, but for me , the proof is in the pudding, you won't be sorry if you buy it. Go for it!
Old 08-03-2004, 11:45 AM
Dominant Buck

Rack-Attack in Scent Lok ,
now that's a funny picture !
Yuk yuk yuk !
Old 08-03-2004, 11:46 AM

LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! @ Rack. Good one. I'm staying far....far away from this. You gave me a good chuckle though.
Old 08-03-2004, 12:21 PM

Rack, you much humor.....Me thinks I confused even more now....[&:][&:][8D]
Old 08-03-2004, 02:56 PM
Nontypical Buck

IMO yes and no . I hunt about 12 small wood lots and tree lines ,If I get off work a 4 pm I change into a set of camo and am in a stand by 4:30 ,I hunt the down wind edges with my stands 10 - 20 yards in . I have never had a deer wind me , got busted for other reasons . If you hunt like this stand selection must contend with wind and deer feeding in the feild . But if you hunt where you will be up wind from any trails feeding areas ect scent controll is a must ,on days that I have time I put on my scentlock stuff and hunt stands that are in the middle. I get to hunt more on the edges but in the middle I see more deer , about 50/50 where I get deer each year.
Old 08-03-2004, 03:18 PM
Fork Horn

I think scent-lok clothing can help you, but even wearing it you still should play the wind, most bucks will circle and come from the down wind side to smell what ever is in the wood, so if you are wearing scent-lok you will have a better chance of not being winded. NO MATTER what I wear I still hunt the wind. JMO

Quick Reply: Are scent control products worth it??

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.