Community
Crossbows This is the place to discuss hunting with crossbows and crossbow equipment. This is NOT a crossbow debate forum.

Scent Control Products

Old 04-01-2006, 08:32 PM
Typical Buck

Default Scent Control Products

Last year I used a lot of the Knight & Hale products that you can get at Wal-Mart are there other products that work any better??
Old 04-01-2006, 08:38 PM
Dnk
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Scent Control Products

I can't comment on that particular ome but I have a set of carbon jacket, pants and balaclava and I am not so sure it works that well. I have never had the chance. Every single deer was shot without. Go figure! There is a new type that uses silver. Have you heard of that? Sometimes I think stuff like that sells better than it works. The guys that I know that take the most deer just stay down wind and they clean my clock. Htoler, do you use carbon? Do you think it works?
Old 04-01-2006, 08:54 PM
Dominant Buck

Yeah! Secret Unscented. I even rub it on my feet to keep them from sweating. When your feet sweat you produce scent that your body can't! PEW! and if they don't sweat they will not get cold.
For my clothing, I use Siberian Pine Oil or just wrap them in pieces ofLighter Pine. Soaking my cover all's in Arm Strong BiCarbonate Sodaand then letting them drip dry, works good also.I don't believe in all that over the counter Bolony. The biggest problem we have here are the No See'ums and the Skeetrers. I know, I'm in Fl.
Old 04-01-2006, 09:38 PM
Nontypical Buck

i farted in my blind once. scared the deer all to pieces. it died of the smell so i tagged it.
Old 04-01-2006, 09:51 PM
Dnk
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: squirrelkilla23

i farted in my blind once. scared the deer all to pieces. it died of the smell so i tagged it.
yur a stinker alright!
Old 04-01-2006, 10:02 PM
Dominant Buck

ORIGINAL: squirrelkilla23

It was'nt the scent of thefart that killed it, but next to it!
Old 04-01-2006, 10:24 PM
Nontypical Buck

hahaha

Old 04-02-2006, 07:15 AM
Fork Horn

I’m not so sure I buy into all the over the counter scent blocks myself. I think the key is being down wind or up high. I leave my hunting cloths outside for a couple of days prior to hunting. It gets rid of any indoor odors that they picked up while in the house.
Old 04-03-2006, 04:19 AM
Dominant Buck

Ounce for ounce the very best scent reducer is plain old 50 cents per pound baking soda .
Old 04-03-2006, 06:28 PM
Nontypical Buck

I can tell you that Cabela's scentlok works. Clothing i have bibs and jacket and deer came by me down wind between 8 and 60 yds. never knew i was there! They won't stand up under pouring rain fer several hours as being water proof NOT! More than one deer, about 15 of them! Thats lots of noses to beat.

Quick Reply: Scent Control Products

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.