Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

more on climbing stands

Old 10-14-2002, 07:55 PM

Default more on climbing stands

what do you all think about tree lounger climbing stands? I have heard good things about them but everyone on here seems to use different stands. My next question is where can I get one and does anyone have one that thinks it is a bad idea for me to buy one?
Old 10-14-2002, 09:18 PM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: more on climbing stands

Never climbed with one, but before you buy, factor in the additional per piece cost of the accessories that make it comparable to a out of the box Summit Viper. Also if you get the standing platform you will be about 4 feet from the tree without railing.

Old 10-15-2002, 09:49 AM
Fork Horn

I love my tree lounge, but as Timbercruiser said, you have to factor in the price for the accessories. See my response to Mauser on this. I believe it is a very good stand and you cannot beat the comfort! If you have the dough, go for it I say, but I heard the Box Summit Vipers are good too. You cannot go wrong with the treelounge though. Thats my opinion.

Starrman

Ron Starr
Old 10-15-2002, 06:44 PM

My friend had one,and I saw a doe make him out. I noticed that he set so far out from the tree that he was easily spotted by me and proably the deer. I would hunt 25'up in one of those stands. They also seem to be big and clumsey to carry. But I bet they are comfortable.