Community
Hunting Gear Discussion Clothing, stands, ATV's, optics, scents, calls, etc... read the latest reviews of hot new hunting gear items here.

CLIMBING STANDS

Old 01-13-2006, 09:41 AM

Default CLIMBING STANDS

IM LOOKING FOR A GOOD CLIMBING STAND THATS LIGHT AND STURDY. I WAS LOOKING AT THE SUMMITS OR THE NON TYPICAL BY AMERICRA STEP. O AND DOES ANYONE USE A RETRACTIBLE SAFEY HARNESS THING.
Old 01-13-2006, 10:24 AM
Fork Horn

Default RE: CLIMBING STANDS

I have the non typical anda summit viper like them both but the nontypical is a little more sturdy
Old 01-13-2006, 12:01 PM
Fork Horn

Ibought a Loggy Bayou Mega climber and really like it, it folds down and weighs about 20 lbs. The front bar on the seat can be adjusted for more room after you gotten in position and there are a bunch of accessories you can buy for gun or bow hunting.
Old 01-13-2006, 01:10 PM

I recommend two the Loggy Bayou Mega and the Lone Wolf Alph. Both weigh 20 lbs or less. Both fold flat for carry, and stack easily. Both have adjustable padded seating. I think both are also rated for 250 lbs. I have both and have used both. I like the Lone wolf the best though I think it is a little lighter and secures easier to the tree. But this is JMO.
Old 01-13-2006, 02:03 PM
Fork Horn

I have a summit mini viper. I got it through a pretty good trade deal, and was not sure if I would like climbers. I am a convert. I will say it is the only type of climber I have used, so I can not speak to other brands. I find it super stable. It is fast easy and quite to set up and climbwith. The rail around the upper portion makes climbing fast and very safe (both up and down). the seat is very comfortable ( I have spent all day in it, which I could no longer do in my more traditional hang on). I have heard good things about the Lone wolf brand but it would have been a little pricey for my meager budget. It does not fold flat but it is stable and quiet to walk with, especially if you have scouted several areas and prepared paths.
Old 01-18-2006, 04:15 PM

Not sure what you mean by retractable safty harnes thing. But I use the hunters safety system and it is easy on and easy off. You can adjust it to the amount of clothing you are wearing. I got a couple other four point harneses but one is almost like apuzzle in trying to get on, but once on it was comfterable. The hunters safety system can be used like a linemans belt in putting up lock on type stands. And no I do not work for or sell these safety harnesses, just use one.
Old 01-18-2006, 06:46 PM
Nontypical Buck

i'm partial to the tree lounge....but you said you wanted something light....lol
Old 01-19-2006, 01:41 PM
Typical Buck

I have used a API Grand Slam for years and like it. However, I just purchased (not even used it yet) a new "Equalizer" adjustable tree stand am am really looking forward to using it. It weighs 20 pounds on the dot and has a 300 lb capacity. With the trees I hunt I'm very excited about the leveling system. The seat adjusts to allow you to face the tree, away from the tree or away from the tree and sort of just leaning back against the seat cushion. Taking it out tomorrow and can't wait.
Old 01-19-2006, 02:28 PM
Giant Nontypical

i prefer ol'man stuff, i have had summits, api and even some of those death trap baker climbers, and i have had the best luck out of ol'man, i have three, two originals and the other i can't remeber the name of and not sure they still build it, but it was carbon fiber and weighed in less than 18#'s, they are very comfortable
Old 01-19-2006, 07:32 PM
Spike

Ihave both the summit backpacker and the non-typical. The non-typical is more secure in the tree but it does not grip the hardwoods as well as the summit. The non typical is a little bulky to carry. If I had to choose 1 I would pick the summit.

Quick Reply: CLIMBING STANDS

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.