Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

climbing stands...

Old 10-10-2002, 08:37 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default climbing stands...

i went with my friend to video tap a archery hunt yeasterday and it was my first time using a climbing stand...i borrowed it from a guy we know...it wasnt comfortable at all but it was just a strap about 2 inches for a seat and i set it to high so i was uncomfortable..but i like being able to climb a tree anywhere and it was simple to attach and climbing was only hard because the steel straps used where the cabels are today(i think it was older from the design) kept getting caught in the bark of the cherry tree...my friend had a really nice stand with a nice seat and cabels where my metal straps were...and he climbed easy...alot quiter and was way more comfortable....i will be hunting on my own next year and plan to take up bow hunting to do when i can after school and give me a reason to be in the woods and to shoto all summer i can use something to do!...anyways i was looking for a good climbing stand...i dont know much about them but looked through cabelas and seen the summit viper xls and think it looks nice...anyone use it? is it good for both bow hunting and rifle hunting? is it easy to climb and set up on the tree? if its not good what is a good stand for both gun and bow hunting without spending more than about 250 and still getting a nice seat and cusioned rails ect...for 240 with a full body harness the viper looks good but i duno much about them....but i would like the padded rails and nice seat so i can stay up there all day and need to bow and gun hunt from it...so what do you guys say? thanx alot...
Old 10-10-2002, 08:45 PM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: climbing stands...

I have a Viper and would not hesitate to buy another one. Very easy to climb with, easy to hook up, very comfortable, and quiet.

Old 10-10-2002, 08:50 PM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 10-11-2002, 01:19 PM
Giant Nontypical

that is exactly what i need...i must have scimmed right by it when i was on that page! price isnt bad....i think i will go with that when i get one....thanx alot
mauser06
Old 10-11-2002, 01:41 PM
Nontypical Buck

I WENT FROM A "LOGGY BAYOU", TO A "API SUPER SLAM MAGNUM SUPREM" THIS STAND IS SUPER QUIET, EASY SET UP, COMFY AS HELL, AND VERY SAFE. I WENT FOR THIS STAND OVER THE "SUMMIT" BECAUSE I USED MY FRIEND'S "API" LAST YEAR, AND I WAS MORE COMFORTABLE WITH IT. BUT EITHER THE "API" OR "SUMMIT" STANDS WOULD BE YOUR BEST CHOICES.
Old 10-11-2002, 02:00 PM
Typical Buck

I have the Summit Viper XLS...By far, the best stand I ever purchased. Easy to set up, easy to climb with and comfortable. The swing out gun rest also holds my bow.
Old 10-11-2002, 02:09 PM

Dicks currently has the Viper XLS for $219.

Old 10-11-2002, 02:53 PM
Giant Nontypical

so a summit is a good stand just pick one that fits me basically? will i feel safe in them? or will i feel like im gunna roll off if i move an inch? the one i was in was horrible..it didnt have rails on the side or anything...and hte platform was tiny...i was truely scared to move!you could hear it creaking on the tape when i was filming! i want something i will feel safe in if i nod off for a few and can eat up there and have some room and feel safe in...and easy to climb with and set up...and easy to carry...guess im looking for the "perfect" stand...hopefully theres one out there that isnt too expensive..i definently want to stay under 300....i dont want it until next fall so i wont buy it until the end of the summer coming up..this year i still have to hunt with dad so me being in a stand and him not defeats the purpose to be undetected from a tree...next year i will hunt alone alot so i will do my own thing...including tree stand hunting...hunting all day...and bow hunting...thanx

mauser06
Old 10-11-2002, 06:45 PM
Nontypical Buck

Hunters View Hawk Cable Climber

awesome stand and it won't break your wallet

has the cables, a super comfy seat, back pads, arm pads, padded front rail, safety harness, and backpack straps

it's awesome

High Country Archery - "Driven to greater heights..."
Old 10-14-2002, 03:08 PM

a TREE LOUNGE is the best climbing stand as far as im concerned, and it can come with a camera holder! www.treelounge.com

Quick Reply: climbing stands...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.