Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

climbing stands

Old 12-21-2005, 01:18 PM
Spike

Default climbing stands

Helo all

Going to purchase a climber. Any suggestions on brands and models?
Seen post about lone wolf any a little less expensive but similar quality?

Old 12-21-2005, 01:24 PM

Default RE: climbing stands

Bought a Summit climber many years ago and still love it. I hunt in it probably 25 to 35 times per season and it has held up great. Don't skimp on price either no matter what stand you buy. After all, you want a good one to last almost a lifetime and you want a good one as your life and safety depends on it!

I recommended a Summit to my friend last fall and he bought it. He loves it and wonders why he didn't buy one many years ago. There are different models of Summit and you will just have to determine which one fits your hunting needs, comfort needs, etc.
Old 12-21-2005, 01:26 PM

I have a summit viper and love it. I would say it boils down to how far back your are going to hunt. My summit even though it is very light gets heavy on those long hikes and you will fell it in your shoulders for a while. Another thing I like is having the bar that goes all the way aroung. It makes me feel safer because I don't like climbing trees. Good luck on your purchase. Dont forget a harness and to tie the top and bottom together when hunting.
Old 12-21-2005, 03:35 PM
Giant Nontypical

Bought a Summit Bushmaster XLS years ago and still completely satisfied with it.

Very light, very comfortable, very quiet stand. What else can you ask for?

Also recieved and email one day from the owner of the company. Very nice guy, very friendly.

Old 12-22-2005, 05:57 AM
Spike

Hey guys

Thanks alot!! It does make sense to not skimp on this item since your going to be 25 foot up a tree and standing on it. Summit sounds like a good choice. Thanks again guys

Bruce