Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
 Should hunting over bait be illegal in your area? >

Should hunting over bait be illegal in your area?

Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.
View Poll Results: A poll
Yes
46.01%
No
53.99%
Voters: 276. You may not vote on this poll

Should hunting over bait be illegal in your area?

Old 03-15-2006, 06:51 PM

Default RE: Should hunting over bait be illegal in your area?

this a pointless argument. here in md you can bait deer. i have baited deer in the past and still do some times.people say its so much of a advanage but it really isnt. sure you will see a lot of 1 1/2 old and does and yearlings. most of your older bucks dont hit it intil after dark. honestly the most baiting i do is in the off season any way.also dont tell me that putting corn out in the winter months dont help the deer some.anything is better then nothing. sure there proably better things you could put out corn still helps. also people who say food plots arent a from of baiting i would like to here that reasoning. for instance think about a late season hunt with snow everywhere and your hunting over a standing soybean or corn feild baiting. i would think so!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! maybe if you wont to kill does and immature bucks baiting mite help you. but for the mature bucks its a different story because i would have more on my wall. far as pasting 170 class bucks over bait i need to move buy you.!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 03-17-2006, 01:40 AM
Typical Buck

If you guys can't grow corn down in Texas, what do you use for bait in those shooting zoos?

'nila wafers or jelly doughnuts?

http://www.deer-forums.com/discus/messages/3/13714.html?1142545313
Old 03-17-2006, 02:25 AM
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: BOWFANATIC

I love it when anyone who disagrees with something because of their own personal feelings of what hunting should be , is dubbed "wholier than thou".
It's not the person disagreeing with the that does that, it's because they feel dirty. Their own conciense is the reason they keep coming back in an attempt to justify what they know is wrong. They know it. It's just that plain. They know it, and they want "company" to help 'em feel better about what they know is cheating. They want to know that there are other cheaters out there and people of low moral character who want to cheat just like they do.
Old 03-18-2006, 09:14 AM

I lived in Texas a few times and most leases have feeders. Every gas station in hill country sells deer corn and feeders. It seems more like harvesting then hunting.
Old 03-18-2006, 02:12 PM
Nontypical Buck

Old 03-18-2006, 06:04 PM
Giant Nontypical

Wow,still alive. Never would have thunk it.
Old 03-18-2006, 08:25 PM
Giant Nontypical

After months of debate, the dead horse still lives!!!!
For those who don't like "holier than thou," how about being called "criminals," "slobs," and "cheaters," for doing something that is 100% legal!@#$#@!!!
It doesn't matter though, if this thread is a thousand pages, as long as its legal, I'll do it, and sleep well at night too!
Judging by the out of state hunters comming to Texas, plenty of others don't mind hunting over our bait too!

Old 03-18-2006, 08:44 PM

ORIGINAL: CamoCop

(Planted food plots do not count as "bait")
So to the ones that voted no. Its ok to hunt a corn field but not to put corn out if thats what I was to choose to bait with?
Old 03-19-2006, 07:28 AM
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: Smokey in PHX

I lived in Texas a few times and most leases have feeders. Every gas station in hill country sells deer corn and feeders. It seems more like harvesting then hunting.
But do they sell animal crackers, vanilla wafers, and jelly doughnutz"

http://www.deer-forums.com/discus/messages/3/13714.html?1142545313

Oh, and do you really have to pick the deer one out?
Old 03-23-2010, 04:29 PM
Typical Buck

Depends on what you think is ethical and need to do to tag a deer. Personally, it don't matter much to me.

Quick Reply: Should hunting over bait be illegal in your area?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.