Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
 Should hunting over bait be illegal in your area? >

Should hunting over bait be illegal in your area?

Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.
View Poll Results: A poll
Yes
46.01%
No
53.99%
Voters: 276. You may not vote on this poll

Should hunting over bait be illegal in your area?

Old 01-14-2006, 11:31 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Should hunting over bait be illegal in your area?

Whats the difference in these ?

A food plot.

A bucket of corn.

A bottle of tinks 69.

To me they are all BAIT.

Bait is just something to draw the animal to a point in which to ambush it.

Each hunter must make up his/her own mind about this subject.

I used to not like a pile of corn but.
I got to thinking theres no difference in all types of baiting.

So if it is legal go for it.

JMHO
JRBSR,

If you are honestly interested in the answer concerning the difference between bait and scents simply go back2 pages and read the numerous differences that have been pointed out. If you do notaccept these points as differences I welcome you to post your thoughts in the accompanying thread and explain why you beleive the points are not valid.
http://www.huntingnet.com/forum/tm.aspx?m=1369442

On a similar note there is an entire thread comparing baiting to hunting over a food plot located here... http://www.huntingnet.com/forum/tm.aspx?m=1356301

I realize that it is easy to divert the discussion away from baiting by attempting to link its use to scents, and food plots, however each matter is a discussion in itself and is already being discussed elsewhere on this board.
Old 01-14-2006, 11:33 AM
Nontypical Buck

Reb...you stole my line...

(or did I steal it from you...way back when).....
Old 01-14-2006, 12:01 PM
Nontypical Buck

You will quickly learn that corn is not even the deers favorite food around here especially when the acorn crop is good. I can tell you that acorns, natural grasses, and woods browse are a whole lot more natural than planted crops.
Alot healthier for the deer also! Sounds like they sure as hell don't "need corn" to survive.

And, If you want to call the forest around here a crop, you will find that the visibility in the woods here is probably 40 yards at the most without cutting a branch here and there with a chainsaw.
Sounds just like the areas here in Wisconsin I hunt , and actually prefer to hunt.

Most successful hunters around here find you have to fight through all of that I just described and find the trails, the buck sign, very secluded bedding areas to kill anything much more than a yearling.
Sounds like hunting to me. I live for that sh**!

Come down here from the north, and dump that bucket of corn on the ground. (I'm not suggesting you even want too). You will not only be very frustrated, but you will fit the stereotype of a Yankee (only talking stereotype here), and at best an unexperenced southern hunter.
Nope , wouldn't want to! And if Idid ,if it weren't for my yankee accentand my lack of chew spit running down my chin , you'd just think I'm another good ol boy who knows how to really hunt!

Old 01-14-2006, 12:12 PM
Dominant Buck

Nope , wouldn't want to! And if Idid ,if it weren't for my yankee accentand my lack of chew spit running down my chin , you'd just think I'm another good ol boy who knows how to really hunt!

Old 01-14-2006, 12:23 PM
Giant Nontypical

I see baiting as no problem or any of my business as long as its 100% legal! I don't think I am one to judge another style of hunting as long as its legal! To each his own!
Old 01-14-2006, 01:28 PM
Super Moderator

quote:

Whats the difference in these ?

A food plot.

A bucket of corn.

A bottle of tinks 69.

To me they are all BAIT.

Bait is just something to draw the animal to a point in which to ambush it.

Each hunter must make up his/her own mind about this subject.

I used to not like a pile of corn but.
I got to thinking theres no difference in all types of baiting.

So if it is legal go for it.

JMHO

JRBSR,

If you are honestly interested in the answer concerning the difference between bait and scents simply go back 2 pages and read the numerous differences that have been pointed out. If you do not accept these points as differences I welcome you to post your thoughts in the accompanying thread and explain why you beleive the points are not valid.
My post was only my opinion.
Simply pointing out that to bait or not to bait.
Is up to the person and or persons thinking about doing it.

There is probly 10,000 differnces between the two.
But the end result is the same to get an animal in a spot.
To ambush it and take it home to eat or what ever.

I was only voicing my opinion.
Nothing more nothing less

Old 01-14-2006, 06:10 PM
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: C. Davis

Jack,
Come to East Texas. Use that methodof taking a bucket of corn and dumping it on the ground....
C. Davis

Why would I do that when I can kill a big fat Indiana deer from the front porch and never set down my Cheerios? I don't even put my boots on until I have my limit laying on the ground out in the yard, I sure as heck ain't driving all the way to Texas just to kill a deer.
Old 01-14-2006, 07:47 PM

Jcchartboy, Fldeerman told me I should go to law school, so now I'm basing things on circumstancial evidence and lies. lol joking. I didn't really mean much by it, I thought I would at least try to get back a little for the "so much for our tax dollars" remark, which by the way was slightly funny, even pointed at me.
Old 01-15-2006, 01:49 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: Jack Ryan
Why would I do that when I can kill a big fat Indiana deer from the front porch and never set down my Cheerios? I don't even put my boots on until I have my limit laying on the ground out in the yard
Sounds like a feeder pen to me!
.... and you are bad mouthing our hunting styles??
Old 01-15-2006, 03:31 AM
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: JagMagMan

Sounds like a feeder pen to me!
.... and you are bad mouthing our hunting styles??
Well you'd be wrong as usual. There's not a grain of corn with in 4 or 5 miles of my house and not a fence that can even keep a cow in for at least a couple miles.

If it sounds like a feeder pen to you, that sounds a lot like a confirmation of pretty much what we've been saying about you guys baiting and hunting penned up deer.

Which is it, an insult or nothing like that?

Quick Reply: Should hunting over bait be illegal in your area?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.