Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
 Any Ideas as to how to make a good drag line? >

Any Ideas as to how to make a good drag line?

Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Any Ideas as to how to make a good drag line?

Old 12-23-2005, 06:40 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default Any Ideas as to how to make a good drag line?

I need to make an effective drag line or drag rag ...any of you guys got any ideas ... the ones I seem to make last about two trips ..I would like to make one that will last awhile ..

dd
Old 12-23-2005, 07:29 AM

Default RE: Any Ideas as to how to make a good drag line?

DD, we make ours with about a 6 or 8 inch piece of 1" or 1 1/2" p.v.c. You will need a cap on both ends. Take 1 of the caps and drill a small holein the center the size of the rope you will be using. Take a 5' piece of about 1/8" rope and run it through the cap and tie a knot in the end so it will not pull through the top of the cap. On the other end of the rope, after running it through the p.v.c.,tie a rag of the material of your choice to be used to drag but small enough so it will pull into the p.v.c. when not in use. The other cap is placed on the other end to keep it sealed when not in use also. Make sure that use leave a little extrarope hanging past your rag so you can pull the rag out of the p.v.c. without touching the rag when you are getting ready to use it. When you are ready to use it take off the bottom cap and pull the all the rope so it is hanging out of the pipe with the knot keeping it from pulling through the top cap. Then just put the pipe in your pocket with the rag dragging behind you. When you are ready to put it up just pull the knot end retracting all the string through the top hole and replace the cap on the bottom. Hope I explained this good enough for you, if not email me and I'll try it again. I'll also trying to upload a few pictures for you.

Old 12-23-2005, 07:30 AM

Another picture when in use.

Old 12-23-2005, 08:02 AM
Giant Nontypical

I like it a lot thank you for the info ...

dd