Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
 Deer Management, and Poaching! >

Deer Management, and Poaching!

Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Deer Management, and Poaching!

Old 12-22-2005, 08:57 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default Deer Management, and Poaching!

We have discussed deer management a lots here lately! Taking does, spikes, culls, etc.
Our local newspaper's outdoor section, (P.A. News) has shownpics of very nice deer taken in East Texas lately. I have always thought that East Texas has never lived up to it's potential, as far as antler size goes! (mostly East Texas is over-protective of does, and too eager to take young bucks!)
According to today's article, POACHING, is the #1 enemy of good deer management!
While doe, and young buck harvest, along with a few other things, contribute to "less than potential"buck size! POACHING, has a bigger influence ondeer management than the other factors!
In fact,people who take "spotlight surveys" of deer numbers, in ALL states, say that East Tex deer, and Newton County deer in particular, are the most "spotlight shy," deer in all America!
Being as I am an East Texas hunter, this is mostSHAMEFUL!
ALL of us as sportsmen/women, should take note, POACHING, DOES NOT HELP OUR SPORT! MUCH LESS! DEER MANAGENT!
Old 12-22-2005, 09:10 PM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: Deer Management, and Poaching!

Careful jagman, your comments elsewhere indicate that you would "poach" under certain circumstances. I'll yield the last word to you, and I'm done for the night. But, if you want to play nice on my other thread, I'll tell you that joke that i mentioned later.

bon soir
Old 12-22-2005, 09:25 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Deer Management, and Poaching!

If a "mercy killing," is poaching! Then, I guess I'm a poacher!
I'd be willing to bet I'd get much more lieniency (sp?)before a "jury of our peers," for a mercy killing, than you would for trespassing though!
Point of this thread is, "POACHING is detremental to good deer management!" I don't think that anyone would dispute that!

bon soir, mon amee! (pardon my French!)