Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
 Need help building my slug gun >

Need help building my slug gun

Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Need help building my slug gun

Old 12-22-2005, 09:53 PM
Spike

Default Need help building my slug gun

I have a Remington 1187 Premier that I'd like to use as a slug gun and Im really at a loss a to what type barrel, smooth bore with or without rem choke or rifled barrel and make ( should I stick with remington or get anoth brand barrel), to purchase along with your top 2 slug ammo recommendations for said setup. I'd couldnt see myself taking a shot past 100 yards with it, with the vast majority being less than 75yards at most. The only reason I'm leaning towards a smooth bore w rem choke is in case I needed to make a fast follow up shot[:-].........HELP ME
Old 12-22-2005, 10:09 PM

Default RE: Need help building my slug gun

Well, I would put a fully rifled barrel with a cantilever mount on it. You will have much better accuracy, and your scope will stay zeroed, pretty much, if you take the barrel off. And why would you not be able to get a fast follow up shot with the rifled barrel? Good luck