Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Is shooting a deer across the fence without permission considered "poaching"? >

Is shooting a deer across the fence without permission considered "poaching"?

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.
View Poll Results: A poll
Yes - It's poaching.
95.90%
No. It's perfectly acceptable.
4.10%
Voters: 122. You may not vote on this poll

Is shooting a deer across the fence without permission considered "poaching"?

Old 10-17-2006, 05:40 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Is shooting a deer across the fence without permission considered "poaching"?

Joel,

This ones for you buddy. If anybody doesn't know what I'm talking about, read this thread and then vote....

http://www.huntingnet.com/forum/tm.aspx?m=1741135

Old 10-17-2006, 07:09 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Is shooting a deer across the fence without permission considered "poaching"?

Okay - I hope you realize that what you did is poaching. It really bothers me that you don't see it that way. People who violate the law give all of us bowhunters a bad name.
Old 10-17-2006, 07:15 PM
Dominant Buck

Default RE: Is shooting a deer across the fence without permission considered "poaching"?

OK I did it one time. I'm sorry I didn't realize it was the Boy Scouts pet 10 pointer.

Just kidding guys.
Old 10-17-2006, 07:18 PM
Typical Buck

You shouldn't shoot across fences anyplace, anytime. You poached.
Old 10-17-2006, 07:24 PM
Boone & Crockett

It's simple, never put yourself in a position to shoot onto anothers property.
Old 10-17-2006, 07:26 PM
Giant Nontypical

Man you guys really like to beat the boy about the sac. He won't be able to walk tomorrow. He shot across the fence, lost the deer. What good does a poll do? Were you ever at band camp by chance?
Old 10-17-2006, 07:31 PM
Nontypical Buck

If there wasn't any bright yellow No Tresspassing or Hunting signs....then I don't consider it poaching.
Old 10-17-2006, 07:45 PM

In my stateposting does not make a differance as far as to wheather or not it is a criminal act or not. Not posted is still a second degree criminal act. posted makes it first degree.
Old 10-17-2006, 07:53 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: MOTOWNHONKEY

Man you guys really like to beat the boy about the sac. He won't be able to walk tomorrow. He shot across the fence, lost the deer. What good does a poll do? Were you ever at band camp by chance?
This guy deserves to have his sac beaten in. Even after the dozens of posts telling him that what he did is poaching, he still thinkshe has aright to shoot deeron somebody else's property without permission. It would be different if he came out and said it was wrong and he made a mistake. But he's done nothing but try to justify and rationalize his unethical and criminal behavior. The poll shows him thatnone of his fellow bowhunters agree with thisbehavior. Hopefullyas a result we will have one less poacher in the world.
Old 10-17-2006, 08:00 PM
Giant Nontypical

Thanks for clairifying. [X(][X(]Enjoy the sac fest.

Quick Reply: Is shooting a deer across the fence without permission considered "poaching"?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.