Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
 Whats up with ALL this sticking WIND? >

Whats up with ALL this sticking WIND?

Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Whats up with ALL this sticking WIND?

Old 11-27-2005, 07:02 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default Whats up with ALL this sticking WIND?

Is it just ME or are you guys fed up with ALL this wind we seem to be getting this hunting season?? Here in Alabama and southern Tennessee it seems most every day since rifle season opened the winds have been blowing like crazy ... today its 15 to 30 ..same for tomorrow ...was the smaeway a good bit last week ... sure makes it tuff to get in the mood for a hunt ...

dd

Old 11-27-2005, 07:21 AM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: Whats up with ALL this sticking WIND?

Bowseason opened October 15th here in NY. I can count on one hand the days it's been below 15 mph winds. Most of the time 20-30 and sometimes higher. The windiest season I can ever remember. It's nice having your scent blow 2 counties over.[:-]
Old 11-27-2005, 08:03 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: NY Bowhunter

Bowseason opened October 15th here in NY. I can count on one hand the days it's been below 15 mph winds. Most of the time 20-30 and sometimes higher. The windiest season I can ever remember. It's nice having your scent blow 2 counties over.[:-]
Well thats looking on the bright side LOL

dd

Old 11-27-2005, 08:16 AM
Giant Nontypical

I use to generally not even hunt on days with winds. It seems tho that if I'm going to hunt at all I'm going to just have to forget about the wind and get out there. I've been seeing deer anyway tho, so I guess the deer are in the same frame of mind I'm in . . .if their going to eat they may as well get out there.